ISGlobal is launching a new series of analytical documents aimed at contributing to the fight against COVID-19 and orienting the strategy for lifting mitigation and confinement measures. The collection will, initially, comprise 17 documents in which 23 experts will endeavour, from the standpoint of research, to identify and respond to some of the major challenges posed by the current crisis. The aim of this collection, coordinated by ISGlobal’s Policy team, is to contribute evidence-based information and the answers to questions about the main topics involved in the management of the COVID-19 crisis. It is possible that further documents will be added depending on the issues and questions that arise as the pandemic continues.
The main focus of the analysis will be on the scientific and epidemiological aspects of the crisis, but considerations related to economic, social, public health and communication aspects will also be included. The final output will make up a guide to the concept of what the authors are calling ‘precision public health’. “To date, the mitigation measures have succeeded in slowing down transmission of the virus and preventing the collapse of our health care system,” says Antoni Plasència, Director of ISGlobal. “As an institute committed to working for the health of all people, ISGlobal’s current mission must be to contribute to ensuring a controlled exit from the containment phase”.
This project is being coordinated by the ISGlobal Policy team. At this time, the authors on the team are as follows: Josep M. Antó, Joan Ballester, Quique Bassat, Elisabeth Cardis, Carlos Chaccour, Carolyn Daher, Carlota Dobaño, Gonzalo Fanjul, Alberto García-Basteiro, Raquel González, Caterina Guinovart, Manolis Kogevinas, Jeffrey Lazarus, Jill Litt, Anna Llupiá, Denise Naniche, Mark Nieuwenhuijsen, Cristina O’Callaghan, Antoni Plasència, Adelaida Sarukhan, Elisa Sicuri, Jordi Sunyer and Rafa Vilasanjuan.
Read the published documents here:
52. How Can We Address the Effects of Economic Downturns on Systemic Health Crises?
51. What Opportunities and Challenges Does the EU Global Health Strategy Present?
50. The All-Hazards Preparedness Approach: How Can We Be Better Prepared for the Next Public Health Crisis?
49. Childhood Pneumonia: The Impact of the Pandemic and What Needs to Be Done Now
48. The International Pandemic Treaty: What is at Stake?
47. What impact has the COVID-19 pandemic had on the fight against malaria?
46. What Impact has COVID-19 had on Childhood Immunization Programs?
45. Could COVID-19 Present an Opportunity in the Fight Against HIV?
44. How Has COVID-19 Affected the Global Fight Against Tuberculosis?
43. COVID-19 and Other Pandemics: Indirect Effects in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
41. COVID-19: When and How Will the Pandemic End?
39. COVID-19 Vaccines: What Are the Global Health Consequences of a Third Dose?
38. How to Respond to COVID-19 in a Small Island State. The Experience of the English-Speaking Caribbean and the Importance of International Cooperation
37. The Chilean Paradox: Why Are Cases Rising Despite High Levels of Vaccination?
36. What Is Long COVID and What Can We Do to Address the Problem?
35. Will We Be Able to Achieve Herd Immunity Against COVID-19?
34. What Can We Expect From the G20 and EU Global Health Summit?
33. COVID-19, Global Cooperation and Reigniting the Economy: Do we Need Vaccine Certificates?
32. Will We See a Wave of Mental Health Problems After the COVID-19 Pandemic?
31. Ivermectin and COVID: What's Going On?
30. Biomedical R&D and Innovation: How Can We Protect the Public Interest After COVID-19?
29. How Is COVID-19 Affecting Pregnant Women?
28. What Are the Main Challenges That Global COVID-19 Immunisation Efforts Must Now Overcome?
27. Who Should Receive the First Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine?
26. What Is a Zero-COVID Strategy and How Can It Help Us Minimise the Impact of the Pandemic?
25. The G20, Vaccines and COVID-19: Why is the Success of the COVAX Iniciative Vital?
24. COVID-19: What Can Past Nuclear Accidents Teach Us?
23. Is COVID-19 Threatening the Success of the Sustainable Development Goals in Spain?
22. Should We Be Concerned About SARS-CoV-2 Reinfections?
21. How Should We Handle the Influenza Epidemic During the Coronavirus Pandemic?
20. Infodemic: How Has the Epidemic of Misinformation Affected the Response to COVID-19?
19. What Are the Health Priorities of Older Adults During a Pandemic?
18. COVID-19 in Latin America: What does it take to go from a highly-vulnerable region to a pandemic-ready region?
17. How Should We Deal With New Outbreaks of COVID-19?
16. What Do We Know About the Impact of Gender on the COVID-19 Pandemic?
15. How Can We Prevent COVID-19 from Exacerbating Other Epidemics in Low- and Middle-Income Countries?
14. What Role Can Spanish Cooperation Play in the Response to COVID-19 and the Prevention of Future Crises?
13. How Can We Resume International Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
12. What Are the Barriers to Achieving Universal Immunisation Against COVID-19?
11. Improving Case and Contacts Tracing During the COVID-19 Pandemic
10. How Should Work Environments Adapt During the COVID-19 Epidemic?
9. Is an Immunity Passport an Option as Part of a Deconfinement Strategy?
8. How Can we Ensure a Socially Equitable Approach to Deconfinement during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
7. COVID-19: How to Manage the Reopening of Schools?
6. Mobility & COVID-19: How Should We Redesign Transport for a New Future?
5. Should We Go Outside During the COVID-19 Confinement and Beyond?
4. Should We Allow Physical Activity During The Coronavirus Disease Pandemic?
3. What Are the Main Research Gaps for Lifting Confinement Measures?
2. Can We Meet Children’s Needs During Home Confinement and Relaxation of Restrictions?
1. Components of a Safe and Phased Reopening of Society