This webinar addresses the epidemiological situation of the SARS-CoV2 coronavirus and the existing scientific knowledge on COVID-19 at the moment it was broadcasted. It was organised by ISGlobal on March 5, 2020, and given by Dr Antoni Trilla, Head of the Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology Department of the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona and researcher at ISGlobal.
Throughout the talk, Dr Trilla responded to some questions in order to dispel myths and rumours. For example, issues concerning the origin, the taxonomy, the transmissibility and the lethality of the virus, as well as the clinical picture of the disease (COVID-19), risk factors related to its severity, diagnosis methods and treatment.
Videos on COVID-19
- COVID-19: Questions & Answers
- Coronavirus, International Order and Global Health [e-Conference]
- Virus [e-Conference]
- Epidemiological and Economic Implications of the Coronavirus [e-Conference]
- Main Challenges and Needs of the Health Care System Due to the Pandemic
- COVID-19 in Spain: Total Confinement and Medium-Term Strategies
- COVID-19: Global Cases and Deaths, and Lessons from Other Countries
- COVID-19: COVID-19: Doubling times of cases and deaths in European countries
- COVID-19: Epidemiological Curves
- COVID-19: Myths and Truths [Webinar]