Joanna Furnival-Adams is a PhD student investigating the integrated control of malaria and skin NTDs in Tanzania and Mozambique through ivermectin mass drug administration as part of BOHEMIA.
She graduated from Cardiff University with a BSc in Biotechnology and later studied a MSc in Control of Infectious diseases at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2018.
Following graduation, she spent a year working as a Research Assistant (RA) in the Cochrane Infectious Diseases Group in Liverpool conducting systematic reviews assessing the evidence for malaria vector control tools. Prior to joining ISGlobal, she also spent a year as an RA at LSHTM in Mwanza, Tanzania working as a medical entomologist on a next-generation bed net trial for malaria prevention.
- Messenger LA, Furnival-Adams J, Pelloquin B, et al Vector control for malaria prevention during humanitarian emergencies: protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis BMJ Open 2021;11:e046325. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-046325
- Furnival-Adams J, Olanga EA, Napier M, Garner P. (2020) House modifications for preventing malaria. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 10. Art. No.: CD013398. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD013398.pub2
- Furnival-Adams, J.E.C., Camara, S., Rowland, M. et al. (2020) Indoor use of attractive toxic sugar bait in combination with long-lasting insecticidal net against pyrethroid-resistant Anopheles gambiae: an experimental hut trial in Mbé, central Côte d’Ivoire. Malar J 19, 11. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12936-019-3095-1
- Choi L, McIntyre S, Furnival-Adams J (2019) Indoor residual spraying for preventing malaria (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD013300
- Furnival-Adams J, Olanga E, Napier M, Garner P (2019) Housing interventions for preventing malaria (Protocol) Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Issue 8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD013398