- 01/10/2013 - 01/10/2018
- IP: Borja Cosio (Hospital Son Espasas, Mallorca); Coordinadora: Judith Garcia Aymerich (ISGlobal, Barcelona)
- CIBERES; Boehringer Ingelheim
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) is a Public Health problem due to its impact in the patient’s quality of life, high prevalence, growing incidence and socioeconomic implication. COPD's natural history and first stage determinants are unknown. Knowing them will help understand the natural history of the disease and design interventions that can modify its prognosis.
(1) To characterize a COPD population of young adults from 35 to 50 years old from a multidimensional point of view including demographic, social, family and clinical data, lung function, exercise capacity, image, microbiology, quality of life, exacerbations, comorbidities and blood and sputum biomarkers.
(2) To compare these patients with smoking subjects, with normal lung function, matched by age, sex and site. (3) To create a cohort of young adults from 35 to 50 years old (smokers or former smokers), with and without COPD, to be followed in the future to understand the complete natural history of the disease.
Design: case-control multicenter cross-sectional study that will allow establishing a well-characterized cohort of young adults, smokers or former-smokers, with and without COPD, for later follow-up (longitudinal study).
Recruitment will be done in Primare Care settings. Subjects: smokers or former-mokers (> 10 packs year) between 35-50 years old with a spirometry (normal or obstructive) done in the last year. Diagnosis of COPD will be based on a postbronchodilator test FEV1/FVC<70%. Age, sex and site matched ‘healthy’ smoker controls will be compared with the COPD cases.
Variables that will be collected in the reference hospitals are: health questionnaires, lung function test, exercise capacity, blood and sputum samples, and low dose CT-scan.
281 100 €
- Judith Garcia Jefa del programa de Enfermedades no transmisibles y medio ambiente
Otros proyectosVer proyectos pasados
Estudio multi-caso control poblacional, incluyendo tumores de alta incidencia en Españahttp://www.mccspain.org/
Aging Lungs in European Cohortshttp://www.alecstudy.org/
Physical Activity as a Crucial Patient Reported Outcome in COPDhttps://www.imi.europa.eu/content/pro-active
Social and environmental determinants of physical activity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): a qualitative and quantitative epidemiological study
Network on the Coordination and Harmonisation of European Occupational Cohortshttp://www.omeganetcohorts.eu
Impact Of Pollution on Asthma and Rhinitishttps://www.eithealth.eu/pollar
Integrating Environment and Health Research: a Vision for the EUhttps://www.heraresearcheu.eu
Severe respiratory failure in COVID-19: clinical, biological and imaging risk factors
Valorización del Archivo Europeo del Genomas y Fenomas (EGA) para la Industria y la Sociedad
Connecting digital mobility assessment to clinical outcomes for regulatory and clinical endorsementhttps://www.mobilise-d.eu/
Cohorte Covid-19 en Cataluña
Signs of Early Adaptation to Climate Changehttps://www.early-adapt.eu
Exposure to emerging contaminants in drinking water in Barcelona potentially liked to chronic diseases and wellbeing
Las Voces de los Afectados por la Nefropatía Mesoamericana