Short-course that provides a foundation in the role of health systems and policy in global health.
- 14-24 October 2019
- 700Euros + University taxes
- Full time
- 9:00 – 13:30h
- 4 ECTS
This 30-hour course provides a foundation in the role of health systems and policy in global health, with a focus on low and middle income countries. It includes a review of the principal actors, public and private, in global health.
Course accredited by the University of Barcelona.
Antoni Plasència, Director of ISGlobal.
Jeffrey V. Lazarus, Affiliated Researcher, ISGlobal
Students will be evaluated based on:
- In-class participation
- Practical exercises
- A final examination
Candidates should have demonstrated interest in global health and/or policy studies and an undergraduate degree in a related field.
This course is closed.
Topics covered include:
- Health, state and society
- Public policy, the institutional map and political-economy
- Health systems reform
- Models of health insurance in low and middle income countries and universal health coverage
- Health systems strengthening
- Principal initiatives in global health and health systems
- The role of the community and NGOs in health systems and policy
- Health professionals: Key profiles and skills
- Research challenges for health systems and policy