The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
Barcelona- Campus Mar
Main duties and tasks:
The person will be involved in the project GLOBAL ASSESSMENT OF EXPOSURE TO TRIHALOMETHANES IN DRINKING WATER AND BURDEN OF DISEASE, and will be responsible for:
- Data collection of drinking water trihalomethane (THM) levels in the world, mainly through personal contacts.
- Build a THM database
- Participation other tasks of the proposal: gathering data on bladder cancer, estimation of bladder cancer burden of disease of, microbial data collection, estimation of DALYs, contribute to the paper
- Contribute to data and project management
- Be involved in other projects related to water and global health
- Explore funding oportunities and assist the PIs in writing proposals to raise funding in the field of water and global health
Training and experience:
- Degree in Medicine, Biomedical Science, Biology, Environmental Sciences or related field. A Master or PhD degree is not mandatory but will be an asset.
- Demonstrated previous experience in epidemiology, preferably Environmental Epidemiology or Global Health. Experience in conducting statistical analysis, interpretation of data, writing reports and manuscripts
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Rational thinker.
- Writing skills.
- Experience of data analysis with statistical packages (STATA, R, SAS, or similar). Working use of excel.
How to apply:
Applicants must send a CV and a cover letter and passport copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading Technician THM. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 11/09/2017.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
"In accordance with articles 5 and 6 of Law 15/1999 on personal data protection, we inform you that your personal data will be incorporated into a Human Resources file, for which the Private Foundation Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is responsible. If you do not inform us otherwise, ISGlobal will understand that you have consented to the processing of your data. Your information will not be disclosed to individuals or legal public or private entities without your consent unless authorized by law. You can exercise your rights to access, rectify, cancel and oppose the use of your personal information by contacting ISGlobal by post at C/Rosselló, 132, 5è 2a and 7è, 08036 - Barcelona or by email at info@isglobal.