Patricia Tarín Carrasco, holds a PhD in Biodiversity and Environmental Management from the University of Murcia. She is graduated in Environmental Sciences by Universidad de Murcia, She made her master in pollution, toxicology and environmental health in Universidad de Valencia.
During her PhD she studied the effects of air pollution and climate change in human health. For the development of his work she has made stay in differents European science group as in Aarhus Universitet or Universidade do Porto.
During her career years in Murcia University she was intern in chemical engineering department and zoology and physical anthropology department. She did practices in Torrevieja townhall, studying the endemic flora and proposing protocol for invader flora, also, she did practice in “Laboratori de sanitat forestal” of Consellería d’Agricultura, Medi Ambient, Canvi Climátic i Desenvolupament Rural, she studied the plagues in Valencian forest.
Patricia Tarín Carrasco is currently a Postdoctoral Fellow at ISGlobal in the ArcIce4MedCalRain project, that aims to reduce the uncertainties in future rainfall projections.
Lines of research
- Climate Change and health
- Air pollution and health
- Impacts of extreme events
- Tarín-Carrasco, P., Augusto, S., Ratola, N., Palacios-Peña, L., Jiménez-Guerrero, P. (2020). Impact of large wildfires on PM10 levels and human mortality in Portugal. Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences. (Preprint: https://nhess.copernicus.org/preprints/nhess-2021-38/).
- Tarín-Carrasco, P., Im, U., Geels, C., Palacios-Peña, L., Jiménez-Guerrero, P. (2020). Reducing future air pollution-related premature mortality over Europe by mitigating emissions: assessing an 80% renewable energies scenario. Atmos. Chem. Phys. (Preprint: https://acp.copernicus.org/preprints/acp-2021-86/).
- Tarín-Carrasco, P., Im, U., Geels, C., Palacios-Peña, L., Jiménez-Guerrero, P. (2020). Contribution of fine particulate matter to present and future premature mortality over Europe: a non-linear response. Environment International, 153, 106517. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2021.106517.
- Tarín-Carrasco P., Morales Suarez-Varela, M., Im, U., Brandt, J., Palacios-Peña, L. and Jiménez-Guerrero, P. (2019). Isolating the climate change impacts on air-pollution-related pathologies over central and southern Europe – a modelling approach on cases and costs. Atmos. Chem. Phys., 19, 1–14, 2019. https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-19-1-2019.