Dear ISGlobal students and incoming ones:
This is a note regarding the situation of the COVID-19 outbreak in Spain. We know that many of you have concerns and questions about this situation and we want to be sure that you have access to relevant and current information.
To date (Tuesday, 3 March), the number of known COVID-19 cases in Spain has reached 124 (14 in Catalunya), out of which, most have been described as mild. Whilst 7 people are listed in serious condition, no deaths have been reported. The Spanish Health Ministry continues to rate the current public health risk due to Coronavirus as moderate.
See updated information in ISGlobal’s dedicated website: www.isglobal.org/en/coronavirus
At present, following directives from local public health authorities and the recommendations of the University of Barcelona (UB), we are currently carrying out our daily work and academic routines and activities as normal.
See UB updated information on Coronavirus. See translation below:
Faced with the situation caused by COVID-19, the University of Barcelona (UB) reports that:
- At present, the normal situation at the UB is maintained and it is advisable to follow the recommendations provided by the Health Department of the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalunya) through the Salut Canal.
- An action protocol has been drawn up in the event of a health alert at the University of Barcelona. This protocol is under constant review depending on the evolution of the situation and the new information available.
- A web site has been launched where you can find the aforementioned protocol, the most important official documents and the most relevant news that is being produced in regard to COVID-19 and the university institution.
- An email account (email@example.com) is also available to answer any queries from members of the university community.
- Through the different University channels will be informed of any developments that may affect the university community, as well as the measures and/or recommendations that can be taken in this regard.
We understand that the continued spread of this virus is generating concern and uncertainty for many; please know that we will pay close attention to the situation and will keep you updated on a frequent basis.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we continue to monitor this evolving situation. Should there be any change in our response, we will contact you immediately.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.
Education & Training Team