Know more about why chronic diseases are perceived as a worldwide threat
- 16-25 May 2022
- 525 Euros + University taxes
- Full time
- 3 ECTS
This course deals with the most prevalent non-communicable diseases at the global level, integrating diverse perspectives, from the most clinical to those oriented toward public health.
Judith Garcia Aymerich, Associate Research Professor, ISGlobal.
Students will be evaluated group-based and individually.
- Group-based evaluation
- Individual exam
Students must have strong interest in the field of health or development.
Interested candidates must complete this form.
- Introduction session: objectives, scheduling and sources
- Community health and chronic disease
- Levels of prevention. Communicating risks
- Prevention strategies for chronic disease
- International scope: the case of Tobacco and Alcohol
- International scope: the case of Obesity
- Respiratory diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Mental illness and addiction
- International Strategies for NCDs and final synthesis