Laura studied Government and International Relations at the Universidad Externado de Colombia (Colombia). She holds a Master degree in Global Health, and a Master degree in Clinical Research - International Health, both from the Universitat de Barcelona (Spain).
Before joining ISGlobal, Laura worked in the private pharmaceutical industry, in the area of Rare diseases, in topics related to dissemination activities, patients’ organizations and access.
She is a predoctoral researcher at ISGlobal within the Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) and Environment Programme, where she works under the supervision of Prof. Judith Garcia-Aymerich.
Laura works in the Mobilise-D project, an IMI funded project that aims to develop and validate digital technologies that are able to monitor and evaluate the real-world walking and gait of individuals living with diverse health conditions. Within this project, her research is mainly focused on a multi-dimensional characterisation of walking in individuals living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other chronic conditions.
Lines of research
- NCDs Epidemiology
- Digital technologies
- Walking and physical activity
- Delgado-Ortiz L, Polhemus A, Keogh A, Sutton N, Remmele W, Hansen C, Kluge F, Sharrack B, Becker C, Troosters T, Maetzler W, Rochester L, Frei A, Puhan MA, Garcia-Aymerich J. Listening to the patients’ voice: a conceptual framework of the walking experience. Age Ageing https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afac233.
- Delgado-Ortiz L, Carsin AE, Merino J, Cobo I, Koch S, Goldberg X, Chevance G, Bosch de Basea M, Castaño-Vinyals G, Espinosa A, Carreras A, Cortes Martínez B, Straif K, de Cid R, Kogevinas M, Garcia-Aymerich J. Changes in population health-related behaviours during the first COVID-19 surge: a natural experiment. Ann Behav Med. https://doi.org/10.1093/abm/kaac054
- Polhemus A, Delgado-Ortiz L, Brittain G, Chynkiamis N, Salis F, Gaßner H, Gross M, Kirk C, Rossanigo R, Taraldsen K, Balta D, Breuls S, Buttery S, Cardenas G, Endress C, Gugenhan J, Keogh A, Kluge F, K Sarah, Micó-Amigo ME, Nerz C, Sieber C, Williams P, Bergquist R, Bosch de Basea M, Buckley E, Hansen C, Mikolaizak S, Schwickert L, Scott K, Stallforth S, van Uem J, Vereijken B, Cereatti A, Demeyer H, Hopkinson N, Maetzler W, Troosters T, Vogiatzis I, Yarnall A, Becker C, Garcia-Aymerich J, Leocani L, Mazzá C, Rochester L, Sharrack B, Frei A, Puhan MA, Mobilise-D. Walking on common ground: a cross-disciplinary scoping review on the clinical utility of digital mobility outcomes. NPJ Digit Med. 2021 Oct 14;4(1):149. doi: 10.1038/s41746-021-00513-5. PMID: 34650191; PMCID: PMC8516969.
- Delgado-Ortiz L, Arbillaga-Etxarri A, Rodríguez-Chiaradía DA, Gimeno-Santos E, Barberan-Garcia A, Balcells E, Rodríguez-Roisin R, Garcia-Aymerich J Physical activity and cardiac autonomic dysfunction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A cross-sectional analysis. Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2022 May;65(3):101501. doi: 10.1016/j.rehab.2021.101501. Epub 2021 Nov 22. PMID: 33662597.
- Wohlrab M, Klenk J, Delgado-Ortiz L, Chambers M, Rochester L, Zuchwoski M, Schwab M, Becker C, Jäger S. The value of walking: a systematic review on mobility and healthcare cost. Eur Rev Aging Phys Act. 19, 31(2022). https://doi.org/10.1186/s11556-022-00310-3