Marta Ribes is a predoctoral researcher at ISGlobal. She graduated from the University of Barcelona with a BSc in Biomedical Sciences in 2018 and later studied a MSc in Neuroscience at Sorbonne Université after which she decided to bend towards the Global Health field where she started by doing a Master in Global Health at ISGlobal.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, she has been involved in several COVID-19 projects ranging from studying its epidemiology and immune response kinetics, to writing policy recommendations.
She now combines her research in COVID-19 with the Malaria Immunology group and her work in the implementation of the BOHEMIA project, a clinical trial which seeks to evaluate a new vector control tool for malaria through the mass drug administration of Ivermectin to humans and livestock.
- Ortega N*, Ribes M*, et al, Moncunill G, Dobaño G. Seven-month kinetics of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies and protective role of pre-existing antibodies to seasonal human coronaviruses on COVID-19. Nat Commun 12, 4740 (2021). *Equal contribution
- Ribes M, Chaccour C, Moncunill G. Adapt or perish: SARS-CoV-2 antibody escape variants defined by deletions in the Spike N-terminal Domain. Nature Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy (2021).
- Ribes M, Marín C, Chaccour C, Montañà J, Ramírez O, Briones B, Fanjul G, Pajín L. COVID19 Policy Reports for Recovery in the Eastern Caribbean. Programa de Naciones Unidas para el Desarrollo e ISGlobal (2021).
- Moncunill G, Aguilar R, Ribes M, et al, García-Basteiro Al, Dobaño C. Determinants of early antibody responses to COVID-19 mRNA vaccines in exposed and naive healthcare workers (2021). Preprint at: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.08.21263232v1
- Garcia-Basteiro A, Moncunill G, Tortajada M, Vidal M, Guinovart C, Jiménez A, Santano R, Sanz S, Méndez S, Llupià A, Ribes M, et al, Mayor A, Dobaño C. Seroprevalence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 among Health care workers in a large Spanish reference hospital. Nat Commun 11, 3500 (2020).