Helena Martí Soler has a degree in Statistics (2005) from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, a Master in Public Health, from the Université Paris Sud (2007) and a PhD in Biostatistics from the Université Paris Sud, the Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM) and the Centre for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health, in France (2012). She did a postdoc in biostatistics and cardiovascular epidemiology at the Institut Universitaire de Médecine Sociale et Préventive, in Lausanne, Switzerland.
She worked in the assessment of the relationship between cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular risk factors and sleep disorders. On the one hand, implementing statistical models allowing to analyze the seasonality of cardiovascular risk factors, as well as other pathologies such as cardiovascular and overall mortality. On the other hand, she developed a score allowing to identify subjects with high probability of sleep disorders breathing.
She currently works as a Statistician and Data Manager in the Mozambican Alliance Towards Elimination of Malaria (MALTEM) project. She is located in the Manhiça Health Research Centre, in Manhiça, Mozambique.
Lines of Research
- Cardiovascular diseases and sleep disorders
- Marti-Soler H, Hirotsu C, Marques-Vidal P, Vollenweider P, Waeber G, Preisig M, Tafti M, Tufik SB, Bittencourt L, Tufik S, Haba-Rubio J, Heinzer R. The NoSAS score for screening of sleep-disordered breathing: a derivation and validation study. Lancet Respir Med. 2016 Sep;4(9):742-8. doi: 10.1016/S2213-2600(16)30075-3. Epub 2016 Jun 16 PMID: 27321086
- Marti-Soler H, Marques-Vidal P. Weather and cardiovascular mortality. Heart. 2015 Dec 15;101(24):1941-2. doi: 10.1136/heartjnl-2015-308613. Epub 2015 Nov 13.
- Marti-Soler H, Gubelmann C, Aeschbacher S, Alves L, Bobak M, et al. Seasonality of cardiovascular risk factors: an analysis including over 230 000 participants in 15 countries. Heart 2014;100:1517-1523.
- Marti-Soler H, Gonseth S, Gubelmann C, Stringhini S, Bovet P, Chen PC, Wojtyniak B, Paccaud F, Tsai DH, Zdrojewski T, Marques-Vidal P. Seasonal variation of overall and cardiovascular mortality: a study in 19 countries from different geographic locations. 2014 PLoS One. 2014 Nov 24;9(11):e113500. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0113500. eCollection 2014.
- Marti H, Chavance M. Multiple imputation analysis of case-cohort studies. Statistics in Medicine. 2011 Jun 15;30(13):1595-607. doi:10.1002/sim.4130.