- 13/11/2019 - 12/03/2023
- Mònica Guxens Junyent
- Funded by
- Agency Food, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety (ANSES)
The aims of this project are:
- To develop outdoor exposure maps at a high spatial resolution. This will be achieved with outdoor mobile measurements at night to measure light exposure in different spectra. For this aim, areas with differing 3D geometry, street lightning characteristics, and available ISS pictures will be selected, in this case city and surrounding areas in France (Paris), the Netherlands (Utrecht), and Spain (Barcelona).
- To assess personal and indoor night at light exposures. We will invite 50-125 persons per country, living in the selected areas of outdoor measurements, to perform personal light 10 measurements during a whole week. During the night, a second set of meters (set to higher sensitivity) will log bedroom light levels.
- To validate exposures proxies (derived exposure surface, ISS photos, self-reports) by comparing them with personal and indoor exposures, including the blue light spectrum.
- To evaluate feasibility of having participants take their own illuminance measurements using an app on their smartphone.
- To assess sleep objectively as well as subjectively to perform a proof-of-principle analysis.
We will ask participants to wear wrist-accelerometers during a whole week to measure sleep parameters including sleep duration, sleep latency (i.e. time to fall asleep), sleep efficiency, and wake time after sleep onset, and additionally ask for subjective sleep quantity and quality using validated questionnaires and daily diaries.
This will be used to evaluate whether light exposure patterns affect sleep. Subsequently we will test the impact of exposure misclassification of the different exposure assessment methods on sleep in the study participants.
Total funding: 199,990 €
ISGlobal contribution: 39,955 €
Other projectsSee Past Projects
Population based multicasecontrol study on common tumours in Spain
Novel tools for integrating early-life environmental exposures and child health across Europe
Early Genetics Growth/Early Genetics and Lifecourse Epidemiology
Pregnancy and Childhood Epigenetics
Early-life stressors and LifeCycle health
Network on the Coordination and Harmonisation of European Occupational Cohorts
Health effects of cArdiac fluoRoscopy and mOdern radIotherapy in paediatriCs
Connecting digital mobility assessment to clinical outcomes for regulatory and clinical endorsement
Signs of Early Adaptation to Climate Change
Cohorte Covid-19 en Cataluña
Advancing Tools for Human Early Lifecourse Exposome Research and Translation
Cohort of COVID-19 in Spain: social dynamics, mental health and inequalities
A federated FAIR platform enabling large-scale analysis of high-value cohort data connecting Europe and Canada in personalized health
An integrative strategy of testing systems for identification of EDs related to metabolic disorders
EXposome Powered tools for healthy living in urbAN SEttings
Actionable eUropean ROadmap for early-life health Risk Assessment of micro- and nanoplastics
Fine Particle Matter, Fetal Growth, and Neurodevelopment: Examining Critical Windows of Susceptibility
Pre-natal exposure to urban AIR pollution and pre- and post-Natal Brain development
El impacto de la exposición al metaboloma de esteroides materno-fetales en el crecimiento infantil y los resultados neurológicos (IGRO)
Project Code: PI21/01269
The role of seafood and nut consumption on human neurodevelopment from pregnancy to adolescence
ALTER - Contaminación del aire, microbiota intestinal y neurodesarrollo en los primeros 24 meses de vida
Project Code: PI21/01278
¿Es mejor consumir el agua de grifo si queremos reducir la exposición a nano/micropláticos?
Urban and social environment and childhood obesity – a natural moving2health experiment
Urban planning, environment and health
Characterization of Oral NMP Exposure
In-Depth Genomics and Cross-Omics Analysis for Undiagnosed Rare Diseases on a User-Friendly Collaborative Platform
An Exposome Approach to Urban Health: Individualized Environmental Exposure Assessment in an Adults Population Cohort Study (GCAT)
Digital Twins Enabled Indoor Air Quality Management for Healthy Living
Infection acquisition in early life and health outcomes in childhood - MARATO TV3
The Urban Burden of Disease Estimation for POLICY Making
Exposición prenatal a sustancias poli y perfluoradas en agua de consumo y neurodesarrollo en el inicio de la vida
Project Code: PI20/00829
Project Code: PI20/01116
Combining Artificial Intelligence and smart sensing TOward better management and improved quality of LIFE in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Drinking Water in Barcelona: Sustainability and Health Impact Assessment
Exposome Project for Health and Occupational Research
Interventions to promote mental and physical health in changing working environments due to climate change, sustainable work practices, and in green jobs
Innovative Tools to Control Organic Matter and Disinfection Byproducts in Drinking Water