- 01/12/2018 - 11/12/2022
- Mònica Guxens Junyent
- Funded by
- French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety (ANSES)
The EMBRYORAD project aims to evaluate: i) the association between radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) exposure and embryo and fetal development including the first trimester of pregnancy, and ii) its combined association with other urban environmental factors.
- 1) To characterize exposure to RF-EMF and other urban environmental factors at different stages of pregnancy
- 2) To characterize embryo and fetal development using ultrasound measurements at different stages of pregnancy
- 3) To assess the associations between RF-EMF exposure and embryo and fetal development at different stages of pregnancy
- 4) To assess the combined role of RF-EMF exposure and other urban environmental factors on fetal development at different stages of pregnancy
To achieve these objectives we will use a new mother-child cohort set up in the Netherlands in which we will collect new detailed personal data on RF-EMF exposure and other environmental factors in 10,000 pregnant women, as well as a detailed embryo and fetal development including the first trimester of pregnancy.
Total funding: 332,800 €
ISGlobal contribution: 130,855 €
Mònica Guxens Research Professor