Anna Saura Lázaro graduated as a physician at the Universitat de Barcelona and completed her residence in Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology at the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona in 2019. She holds a Master in Public Health (Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, 2017) and a Master on Research Methodology in Health Sciences (Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2020).
During her residency, she had the opportunity of doing external internships in national and international public health and research institutions in Spain, Paraguay and Mozambique. There she was focused on global health and the study of infectious diseases, and she acquired skills in research design and methodology and statistical analysis, with emphasis on big data analysis. Once concluded her specialty, she joined the Cancer Epidemiology Research Program in the Catalan Institute of Oncology (July 2019-December 2020) where she conducted extensive data analysis into the epidemiology and prevention of HPV infections and related diseases, HPV vaccines implementation and monitoring.
She is currently working at ISGlobal, as a granted predoctoral fellow under the Severo Ochoa International PhD Programme in Global Health 2020. Her work is mainly centred on assessing the coverage and effectiveness of decentralized HIV services on retention in care in Southern Mozambique.
Línies de recerca
- Differentiated service delivery models for HIV
- Vilaseca Llobet JM, Saura Lázaro A, Kostov B, Sisó-Almirall A. Modelos de gestión de la Atención Primaria en Cataluña: ¿Que gane el mejor? [Primary Healthcare management models in Catalonia: May the best win?]. Rev Esp Salud Publica. 2021 May 24;95:e202105073. Spanish. PMID: 34024903.
- Dalmau-Bueno A, Saura-Lazaro A, Busquets JM, Bullich-Marín I, García-Altés A. Advance directives and real-world end-of-life clinical practice: a case-control study. BMJ Support Palliat Care. 2021 Mar 22:bmjspcare-2020-002851. doi: 10.1136/bmjspcare-2020-002851. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33753359.
- Bruni L, Saura-Lázaro A, Montoliu A, Brotons M, Alemany L, Diallo MS, Afsar OZ, LaMontagne DS, Mosina L, Contreras M, Velandia-González M, Pastore R, Gacic-Dobo M, Bloem P. HPV vaccination introduction worldwide and WHO and UNICEF estimates of national HPV immunization coverage 2010-2019. Prev Med. 2020 Dec 31:106399. doi: 10.1016/j.ypmed.2020.106399. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33388322.
- Nhampossa T, Fernandez S, Augusto O, Fuente-Soro L, Maculuve SÓN, Bernardo E, Saura A, Casellas A, Gonzalez R, Ruperez M, Karajeans E, Vaz P, Menendez C, Buck WC, Naniche D, Lopez-Varela E. Discordant retention of HIV-infected mothers and children: Evidence for a family-based approach from Southern Mozambique. Medicine (Baltimore). 2020 Aug 7;99(32):e21410. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000021410. PMID: 32769871; PMCID: PMC7593016.
- Fernández-Luis S, Nhampossa T, Fuente-Soro L, Augusto O, Casellas A, Bernardo E, Ruperez M, Gonzalez R, Maculuve S, Saura-Lázaro A, Menendez C, Naniche D, Lopez-Varela E. Pediatric HIV Care Cascade in Southern Mozambique: Missed Opportunities for Early ART and Re-engagement in Care. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2020 May;39(5):429-434. doi: 10.1097/INF.0000000000002612. PMID: 32091497.