DANIEL CAMPRUBIMedical Research Fellow
Daniel Camprubí is a medical doctor, specialized in Internal Medicine and working as a Senior Specialist in the International Health Department at Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, since 2017. He worked in Ethiopia and collaborated in projects in Mozambique, Sierra Leone and Puerto Rico.
He did his Master in Study design and Research Analysis in Health Sciences. Given his specific training in infectious diseases, his primary research interest and his doctoral thesis focused on imported febrile illnesses and vector-borne diseases, with more than several articles published in this field. He collaborated with the CDC Dengue Branch and, as a Researcher at ISGlobal, he is currently working on several projects on malaria and arboviruses.
He is an active member of ESGITM working group (ECCMID), the TropNet Research Committee, and he is leading the working group of imported febrile illnesses from SEMTSI.
- D. Camprubí-Ferrer, L. Cobuccio, S. Van Den Broucke, B. Genton, E. Bottieau, V. d'Acremont, N. Rodriguez-Valero, A. Almuedo-Riera, L. Balerdi-Sarasola, C. Subirà, M. Fernandez-Pardos, MJ. Martinez, J. Navero-Castillejos, I. Vera, J. Llenas-Garcia, C. Rothe, D. Cadar, M. Van Esbroeck, N. Foque, J. Muñoz. Causes of fever in returning travelers: a European multicenter prospective cohort study. J Travel Med. 2022:taac002. DOI:10.1093/jtm/taac002.
- D. Camprubí-Ferrer, JA. Oteo, E. Bottieau, B. Genton, L. Balerdi-Sarasola, A. Portillo, L. Cobuccio, S. Van Den Broucke, S. Santibáñez, D. Cadar, N. Rodriguez-Valero, A. Almuedo-Riera, C. Subirà, V. d'Acremont, MJ. Martinez, M. Roldan, J. Navero-Castillejos, M. Van Esbroeck, J. Muñoz. Doxycycline responding illnesses in returning travelers with undifferentiated non-malaria fever: a European multicenter prospective cohort study. J Travel Med. 2022:taac094. DOI: 10.1093/jtm/taac094.
- D. Camprubí-Ferrer, L. Romero, M. Van Esbroeck, L. Wammes, A. Almuedo-Riera, N. Rodriguez-Valero, L. Balerdi-Sarasola, PT. Hoekstra, C. Subirà, ME. Valls, I. Micalessi, P. Corstjens, N. Cortes-Serra, T. Huyse, M. Benegas, MJ. Álvarez-Martínez, J. Muñoz, L. van Lieshout. Improving the diagnosis and management of acute schistosomiasis with antibody, antigen and molecular techniques: lessons from a cluster of six travelers. J Travel Med. 2021;28(6):taab101. DOI:10.1093/jtm/taab101.
- D. Camprubí-Ferrer, L. Cobuccio, S. Van Den Broucke, L. Balerdi-Sarasola, B. Genton, E. Bottieau, J. Navero-Castillejos, MJ. Martinez, C. Jay, A. Grange, S. Borland, M. Vaughn, N. Rodriguez-Valero, A. Almuedo-Riera, V. D’Acremont, C. Subirà, T. de Alba, A. Cruz, M. Van Esbroeck, C. Smith, A. Hillman, B. Hanberg, R. Trauscht, N. Spampanato, J. Muñoz. Clinical evaluation of BioFire® multiplex-PCR Panel for acute undifferentiated febrile illnesses in travelers: a prospective multicenter study. J Travel Med. 2023: DOI:10.1093/jtm/taad041.
- M. Navarro, D. Camprubí, A. Requena-Mendez, D. Buonfrate, G. Giorli, J. Kamgno, J. Gardon, M. Boussinesq, J. Muñoz, A. Krolewiecki. Safety of high dose ivermectin: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2020;75(4):827-834. DOI: 10.1093/jac/dkz524.