Oferta de trabajo: Project Manager
DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
- Detecting potential timeline issues and providing timely and proactive issue escalation to the principal investigators
- Supporting work package leaders and monitoring projects activities to ensure approved milestones are achieved
- Collating information to ensure timely and formal projects reporting with full and accurate information as determined by the funder´s requirements
- Meeting with the projects finance management on a monthly basis to review projects expenditure, and provide support as requested in planning the next year’s budget
- Liaising with internal team members and sites to ensure they maintain the currency of project tracking tools.
- Utilizing the projects dashboard to monitor site progress across protocols, providing progress reports and alerts to the team as required
- Monitoring and reporting progress of GANTT chart deliverables to the principal investigators and assisting with issue identification and resolution
- Support protocol specific vendor selection, negotiation and management, including monitoring of associated budgets and contracts as needed
- Managing vendors that provide general services across the projects, e.g., travel agents, auditors, etc.
- Verifying that projects activities are implemented according to projects objectives and timelines
- Identifying and escalating issues through existing channels
- Assisting in issue resolution
- Monitoring the projects progress with identified project management tools and verifying timely decision making
- Monitoring projectss adherence to the legal frameworks, written procedures and agreements with the funders/sponsor
- Ensuring a proper filing (hard copies or electronic documentation) of all non-protocol projects related documents
- Ensuring that required team meetings are held and agreeing on important issues for the agenda with the principal investigators
- Participating in recruitment and training of internal projects staff (as applicable)
- Monitoring and assisting sites to ensure timely recruitment of key site staff
- Monitoring and assisting sites to ensure timely procurement of key specific items necessary to execute relevant protocols
- Provide input into team members performance evaluation as requested
- Reporting on project to funding bodies and principal investigators
- Ensuring timely reporting and appropriate dissemination internally and to stakeholders and projects partners
- Coordinating with communication department and ensure communication and dissemination at technical level
- Assist the financial manager to monitor budget management and procurement as requested
- Assist the principal investigators and finance manager to identify critical issues with impact on budget
- Support development of financial reports by reviewing and assisting in the provision of financial justification of activities as requested
- Coordinate projects closeout activities in accordance with the projects management plan, protocol and relevant ISGlobal SOPs and policies
- Assist designated team members with the closing of each contract applicable to the project or project phase
- Verify the financial closing of the project budget and account, if applicable
- Coordinate documentation of lessons learned from the principal investigators, work package leaders, and ISGlobal team members
- University degree (equal to 4 years of college) or equivalent
- Excellent command of English is required
- Excellent computer skills. Experience working with project management tool
- Experience in managing is an advantage OR experience working on a large multi-faceted project
- Strong organizational skills to cope with multi-tasking daily work, used to work in a goal-oriented approach
- Stress tolerance and a strong team play with the ability to work independently without supervision
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to handle troublesome situations and think ahead with a decisive attitude
- Good people management skills and strong communicator with the ability to set clear performance-oriented objectives and to use persuasive strategies
- Ability to lead and to encourage a team, to anticipate, and to refocus if necessary
- Objective, upright and diplomatic approach towards internal and external partners, with the ability to negotiate fair agreements
- Ability to adapt to changing situations focusing on the needs, goals and priorities of the organization
- English written and spoken
- Duration:1 year (extendable)
- Starting date: Immediately
- Contract: Full-time (40h/week)
- Salary Range: Based on internal Salary Scales
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PM_EnvironProjects_Feb23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until the position is filled.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.