The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
The 40 months project, is funded by the European and Developing Countries Trial Partnership (EDCTP) and coordinated by ISGlobal, the Barcelona Institute for Global Health, in partnership with the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), France, the Fundaçao Manhiça (FM), Mozambique, the University of Lomé (UL), Togo, the University of Sierra Leone, Sierra Leone and the Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV), Switzerland.
The consortium will work closely with the Ministries of Health in Sierra Leone, Togo and Mozambique, the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all project outputs are met.
MULTIPLY will generate evidence for change and expand access to preventive chemotherapy for malaria in infants in sub Saharan Africa apply a community-based approach that fosters partnership and strengthens the dynamic link between communities and health facilities, especially for the most vulnerable people. A learning-driven approach will be employed throughout the project to generate sufficient evidence to inform WHO policy recommendations and future actions in each country, in an effort to expand the intervention over the long-term.
ISGlobal is the lead evaluation and research organization and is responsible for implementing a set of studies to generate evidence for global guidance on IPTi. Specifically, ISGlobal will be responsible for designing and implementing the project’s evaluation plan, as well as designing, analyzing and reporting the clinical and operational research studies to assess the effectiveness and impact of the intervention, including its feasibility of the intervention through the EPI.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. business administration, life sciences..)
- Full-time schedule and exclusive dedication
- Proficiency with electronic communications and Microsoft office
- Experience in working in international environments and/or developing countries / global health projects are assets
- Support the MULTIPLY, Project Manager and Project director in the daily functioning of the MULTIPLY project
- Support to other projects/activities of the Maternal Child and Reproductive Health Initiative
- Prepare tracking documents and tools for deliverables, meetings, and update them regularly
- Maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines.
- Schedule and planning of meetings, appointments, teleconferences and videoconferences logistics
- Assist in the preparation of project reports, study protocols, briefing notes, minutes and presentations
- Assist in planning and organizing project trips, and or project related events
- Coordinate and monitor the procurement of office supplies and equipment for the project
- Organize and maintain copies of all appropriate projects’ documentation
- Handle expenses reimbursement process
- Review the quality of invoices and accounting documents
- Assess the compatibility and eligibility of expenses
- Support the financial manager on reporting budget incidences and follow up on corrections and implementation
- Ensure compliance with internal and the donor’s directives of administrative documentation
- Ensure support during the preparation of projects’ proposals
- Other tasks related to the project or the MCRH Initiative as directed by Initiative’s director
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate and interact competently and professionally at all levels within a diverse environment (i.e. staff at project countries, at governmental organizations research and academic organizations and NGOs)
- Able to work both as a team member and independently while understanding his/her own limits
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to manage a rapidly changing environment
- A very good command (advanced level) of the English language;
- A working knowledge (intermediate level) of Portuguese and/or French is a plus
- Knowledge of Spanish or Catalan is a plus
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PA_MULTIPLY_SAMIR_Jan21 , attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 1 March 2021
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.