What is Global Health?
- September - January
- 5.250 Euros (plus administrative fees)
- Full time
- 4.5 months
- 30 ECTS
The ISGlobal-University of Barcelona Diploma of Global Health Fundamentals is a postgraduate course designed for those seeking to acquire the knowledge foundations needed to address health issues from a global and transdisciplinary approach.
The postgraduate Diploma of Global Health Fundamentals consists of the first two modules of the Master of Global Health (Global Health Fundamentals I and II) and requires the completion of 30 ECTS or about 5 months of study. It uses a participative methodology based on case studies, problem solving and debate. Diploma graduates may choose to continue their studies and complete the full Master's degree with the approval of the programme directorate.
Designed for students and professionals from diverse backgrounds (health and life sciences, social sciences, law and economics, etc.) who want to develop a career in the field of global health in:
- international organisations
- ministries of health
- cooperation and development agencies
- public-private partnerships
- other stakeholders of the global health international community
The ISGlobal-University of Barcelona Diploma of Global Health Fundamentals is carried out in collaboration with academic institutions, research centres and NGOs in the health sector.
Our faculty come from diverse disciplines and have extensive experience working in global health with internationally recognised universities, research centres and public-private partnerships. Professors bring their real world experience, as professionals and leaders in the field, to our classrooms.
Entrance requirements for the Diploma of Global Health ISGlobal - University of Barcelona are the following:
- Undergraduate degree
- Certified advanced level of English
We will also value:
- Previous working experience in low and middle income settings
- Voluntary positions in low and middle income settings
- Having being exposed to multicultural countries
- Having a background in social sciences
People interested in taking this course must complete the application form so that we can contact them to indicate the website address to make the pre-enrolment.
Global Health Fundamentals (30 ECTS)
- Biostatistics (4 ECTS)
- Determinants of Global Health (3 ECTS)
- Fundamentals Qualitative Health Research (3 ECTS)
- Global Health Challenges (4 ECTS)
- Health Economics (3 ECTS)
- Health Systems and Policy (4 ECTS)
- International Governance and Politics of Global Health (4 ECTS)
- Introduction to Epidemiology I (5 ECTS)