ISGlobal, in addition to performing advanced research in the field of global health, provides consultancy services and technical assistance to external organizations, including government, public administrations and private institutions and companies in topics directly related to their research experience, especially in the area of public health. Our consultancy services provide access to world-class academic expertise and dissemination of our knowledge to different stakeholders, contributing to our impact on society.
Among these activities, we include those well-defined products, based on scientific knowledge and using formal review, analysis, interpretation and/or dissemination methods, that incorporate this knowledge into clinical practice processes, public health, social or business protection, with the aim of improving the health of the population. ISGlobal researchers advise developing studies or reports of potential hazards or public health recommendations and the development of innovative solutions for global health problems.
Examples of products are:
- expert reports
- health impact assessments
- clinical trials
- scientific advisory boards
- review of government strategies / policies
Highlighted projects and activities are:
- Development of the health impact assessment studies within the Urban Environment and Health Project of the Diputació de Barcelona (David Rojas and Mark Nieuwenhuijsen, 2015-2017)
- Barcelona and Tarragona Air Pollution and Air Quality Experts Groups, participation in the working groups convened by the General Direction on Environmental Quality of the Territory and Sustainability Department of the Government of Catalonia (Jordi Sunyer, 2011- onwards)
- International Agency for Cancer Research (IARC-World Health Organization) organization and participation in the IARC monographs programme for the evaluation of potential human carcinogens (Manolis Kogevinas, Elisabeth Cardis, Cristina Villanueva, 2011-onwards)
- The public health benefits of reducing air pollution in the Barcelona metropolitan area, report for the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona commissioned by the departments of Health and Environment and Housing of the Government of Catalonia (Laura Perez and Nino Künzli, 2007)
- Epidemiological, clinical and economic assessment to the Department of Health of the Generalitat of Catalonia on Chagas disease screening program in pregnant women (Joaquim Gascon, Mª Jesús Pinazo and Ana Requena, 2008 - onwards).
- The cost of introducing a malaria vaccine candidate in 5 sub-Saharan African countries commissioned by GSK Vaccines (Elisa Sicuri, 2014-2016).
- Economic evaluation of new diagnostic tools for cutaneous Leishmaniasis commissioned by FIND (Elisa Sicuri, 2016).
- A mapping study of research networks and activities in maternal, newborn and child health commissioned by the World Health Organization (Clara Menéndez, 2012)
- Advice to leaders and representatives of the sports federations on the risks related to the Zika virus and the Olympic Games in Brazil commissioned by the Spanish Olympic Committee (Antoni Plasència and José Muñoz, 2016).
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org