The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking an experienced Programme Officer based at ISGlobal in Barcelona to work with our international team in the EpiGen Ethiopia project for Building Scalable Pathogen Genomic Epidemiology in Ethiopia https://www.epigenethiopia.com/. The programme officer will be involved in coordinating capacity building and networking activities with Ethiopian and international partners.
- Coordinate and disseminate education and capacity building/strengthening activities across the EpiGen network
- Support the ISGlobal team in the organisation and coordination of meetings and networking activities related to the EpiGen partnerships, especially in regards to European, African and international networks
- Support the EpiGen PhD supervisors at ISGlobal and the Ethiopian PhD students enrolled in the program between ISGlobal-University of Barcelona and the corresponding Ethiopian University.
- Excellent management, coordination and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge and comfort with online/digital learning tools
- Initiative, autonomy.
- Basic knowledge and comfort with themes related to genomics and/or data sciences
- Post-graduate degree in health or life sciences.
- A degree or additional training in molecular genomics or data science related fields is a plus.
Training and experience
- More than 5 years working in program/project management, educational programs or research
- Experience in the international university environment or with academic / research institutions
- Experience in coordinating and monitoring educational programs and capacity building/strengthening activities in low- and middle-income countries.
- Written and spoken English (advanced), Spanish (advanced).
- Additional languages a plus.
- Starting date: ASAP
- Dedication: Full time
- Salary:Based on internal Salary Scales
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Technician_EPHOR_Dec23 , attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until December 22th, 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.