Dídac Macià is a postdoctoral researcher with a decade-long experience in Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning. He has contributed to numerous studies on neuroanatomy, cognitive neuroscience, MRI image processing, environmental sciences, statistical modelling, psychology and others. He is also an associate professor teaching Machine Learning applied to biomedical imaging to engineers and biophysicists.
Lines of research
- Statistical Modelling
- Biomedical Image Analysis (radiological and microscopy)
- Machine Learning
- Macià D, Cattaneo G, et al. Meaning in life : a major predictive factor for loneliness comparable to health status and social connectedness. Front Psychol. 2021;12(February):1-12. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2021.627547
- Sørensen Ø, Brandmaier AM, Macià D, et al. Meta-analysis of generalized additive models in neuroimaging studies. Neuroimage. 2021;224. doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2020.117416
- Bartrés-faz D, Macià D, Cattaneo G, et al. The paradoxical effect of COVID-19 outbreak on loneliness. 2020:1-4. doi:10.1192/bjo.2020.163
- Macià D, Pujol J, Blanco-Hinojo L, Martínez-Vilavella G, Martín-Santos R, Deus J. Characterization of the spatial structure of local functional connectivity using multidistance average correlation measures. Brain Connect. 2018;8(5):276-287.
- Pujol J, Macià D, Garcia-Fontanals A, et al. The contribution of sensory system functional connectivity reduction to clinical pain in fibromyalgia. Pain. 2014;155(8):1492-1503. doi:10.1016/j.pain.2014.04.028