The candidate is trained in public health with focuses on climate change and health and environmental epidemiology and from Umeå University, Sweden. He has wide field experiences in research, programme management, and teaching. His research experience at the King Edward Memorial Hospital Research Centre in Pune, India has varied from epidemiological to social science research. In the course of his doctoral programme, he has collaborated with a number of international institutions in the environmental health sciences including Johns Hopkins’ Bloomberg School of Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of Nottingham’s School of Geography, and the International Network for the Demographic Evaluation of Populations and Their Health (sites in 20 low and middle income countries).
He has authored a number of scientific publications in international peer reviewed journals in areas related to climate change, public health and indoor air pollution. He has worked in multicultural environments across the globe, and gained significant field experience in evaluating health trends, networking on the ground, and communicating policy implications to decision makers. His primary research focus is in assessing the climate change and health and resilience to environmental exposures under changing climates.
He is currently working as Post Doctoral Researcher on Horizon 2020 European Commission Project at ISGlobal in Climate and Health Research Programme, focusing on the association of extreme summer temperature and mortality and associated effect modifier of social, demographic and environmental change in Barcelona.
Lines of Research
- Climate and Health
- Environmental Epidemiology
- Indoor Air Pollution
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Ingole, V., S. Juvekar, et al. The short-term association of temperature and rainfall with mortality in Vadu Health and Demographic Surveillance System: a population level time series analysis. Global Health Action 5(1): 19118.
- Ingole, V., S. Kovats, et al. Socioenvironmental factors associated with heat and cold-related mortality in Vadu HDSS, western India: a population-based case-crossover study. International Journal of Biometeorology 61(10): 1797-1804.
- Ingole, V., J. Rocklov, et al. Impact of heat and cold on total and cause-specific mortality in Vadu HDSS a rural setting in Western India. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 12(12): 15298-15308.
- Odhiambo Sewe, M., Ingole V., et al. Estimated effect of temperature on years of life lost: A retrospective time-series study of low-, middle-, and high-income regions." Journal of Environmental Health Perspectives 126(1).
- Dixon, P. G., M. Allen, Ingole V., et al. Perspectives on the synoptic climate classification and its role in interdisciplinary research. Geography Compass 10(4): 147-164.