Elisa Sicuri obtained her PhD in Economics from the University of Pavia (Italy). She is Associate Professor at the University of Barcelona (UB) and is associated to the Centre for Economics, Sorbonne University. At ISGlobal, she is currently leading the economic streams of CRUZIVAX and FREEBILY projects.
Since 2015, she holds a position as Research Fellow at the Health Economics Group, Department of Infectious diseases epidemiology, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, where she currently leads a Global Challenge Research Fund-Research England project and has been working in several projects on malaria (e.g., RooPfs), HIV and Hepatitis. She is also Research Fellow at the London Centre for Neglected Tropical Diseases Research.
She has been supervising five PhD students, funded by a range of PhD programmes (e.g., Marie-Curie International Training Network, Trans-Global Health) (Sergi Alonso, Celine Aerts, Laia Cirera, Joe Brew, and Scherif Adegnika).
Lines of research
- Impact evaluation and cost-effectiveness/cost-benefit analysis of health interventions.
- Analysis of the market for health products.
- Analysis of the relationship between health and development.
- Aerts C, Vink M, Pashtoon SJ, Nahzat S, Picado A, Cruz I, Sicuri E. Cost Effectiveness of New Diagnostic Tools for Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Afghanistan. bAppl Health Econ Health Policy. 2019 Apr;17(2):213-230. doi:10.1007/s40258-018-0449-8.
- Aerts C, Sunyoto T, Tediosi F, Sicuri E. Are public-private partnerships the solution to tackle neglected tropical diseases? A systematic review of the literature. Health Policy. 2017 Jul;121(7):745-754. doi:10.1016/j.healthpol.2017.05.005.
- Alonso S, Munguambe K, Sicuri E. Market for Artemether-Lumefantrine to treat childhood malaria in a district of southern Mozambique. Health Econ. 2017 Dec;26(12):e345-e360. doi: 10.1002/hec.3514.
- Nayagam S, Thursz M, Sicuri E, Conteh L, Wiktor S, Low-Beer D, Hallett TB. Requirements for global elimination of hepatitis B: a modelling study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2016 Dec;16(12):1399-1408. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(16)30204-3.
- Sicuri E, Davy C, Marinelli M, Oa O, Ome M, Siba P, Conteh L, Mueller I. The economic cost to households of childhood malaria in Papua New Guinea: a focus on intra-country variation. Health Policy Plan. 2012 Jul;27(4):339-47.