Trent is a Predoctoral Fellow in the Health Systems and Infectious Disease unit, where he supports research to improve systems of care for HIV, COVID-19 and liver diseases.
Previously, Trent worked for the World Bank to improve country systems to finance health services and protect individual and public payers from financial risk. He also previously worked for the U.S. Agency for International Development, where he advised on health systems interventions for bilateral development programs in HIV, tuberculosis, malaria, and maternal and child health.
Trent holds an MPH in Health Policy from the George Washington University in Washington, DC, USA.
Lines of research
- Health systems and policy
- Risk, preparedness and resilience
- Stigma and discrimination
- Vaccine hesitancy
- Lazarus J, Wyka K, White TM, et al. COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy revisited: Results of a new 23-country survey. Nat Commun. 2021; In press.
- Lazarus J V, Ratzan S, Palayew A, Billari FC, Binagwaho A, Kimball S, Larson HJ, Melegaro A, Rabin K, White TM, El-Mohandes A. COVID-SCORE: A global survey to assess public perceptions of government responses to COVID-19 (COVID-SCORE-10). PLoS One. 2020;15(10):e0240011. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0240011.
- White TM, Cash-Gibson L, Martin-Moreno JM, et al. COVID-SCORE Spain: Public perceptions of key government COVID-19 control measures. Eur J Public Health. April 2021. doi:10.1093/eurpub/ckab066.
- El-Mohandes A, White TM, Wyka K, et al. COVID-19 vaccine acceptance among adults in four major US metropolitan areas and nationwide. Sci Reports 2021 111. 2021;11(1):1-12. doi:10.1038/s41598-021-00794-6.
- Harris M, Guy D, Picchio CA, White TM, Rhodes T, Lazarus JV. Conceptualising hepatitis C stigma: A thematic synthesis of qualitative research. Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Oct;96:103320. doi: 10.1016/j.drugpo.2021.103320. Epub 2021 Jul 11.