Dr Alex Almuedo Riera is a specialist in Internal and Infectious Medicine working in the International Health and Tropical Medicine Service of the Hospital Clínic Barcelona- Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGLobal) since 2018.
Previously, he completed training in internal medicine from 2002 to 2007 at General Hospital of Granollers. He has worked as a specialist in internal and infectious medicine at the same center. Member of SEIMC-GESIDA and SEMTSI, during the last 11 years he has been medical doctor in the HIV-Infectious Unit of the General Hospital of Granollers.
With extensive experience in research studies on HIV, infectious diseases and international health he completed Msc in Tropical Medicine and International Health at the London School of Tropical Medicine in 2015 and Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene from the Royal College of Physicians in London 2015. He has made several international stays in Bolivia and Mozambique.
His main current reserach fields are migrant health, imported eosinophilia, emerging infectious diseases and High level isolation unit (UAAN).
Lines of Research
- Migrant Health
- Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Almuedo-Riera A; Rodriguez-Valero N; Camprubí D; Losada I; Pousibet-Puerto J; Subirà C; Martinez MJ; Pinazo MJ; Muñoz J. Mirroring the Zika epidemics in Cuba: The view from a European imported diseases clinic. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease. 30/08/2019. ISSN 1477-8939 DOI: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2019.06.001
- Sporotrichoid dissemination of cutaneous leishmaniasis possibly triggered by a diagnostic puncture. Laynez-Roldán, P., Fuertes, I., Almuedo, A. , Losada, I, Giavedoni, P. , Camprubí, D. , Muñoz, J. , Gallego M Sporotrichoid dissemination of cutaneous leishmaniasis possibly triggered by a diagnostic puncture. Laynez-Roldán, P., Fuertes, I., Almuedo, A. , Losada, I, Giavedoni, P. , Camprubí, D. , Muñoz, J. , Gallego M, Rodríguez-Valero, N. . Journal of Travel Medicine 2019 Jun 11. pii: taz044. doi: 10.1093/jtm/taz044
- Daniel Camprubí; Arturo Pereira; Natalia Rodriguez Valero; Alex Almuedo; Rosauro Varo; Climent Casals Pascual; Quique Bassat; Denis Malvy; Jose Muñoz. Positive direct antiglobulin test in post - artesunate delayed haemolysis : more than a coincidence ?. Malaria Journal. pp. 1 - 7. BioMed Central, 2019. Disponible en Internet en: . ISSN 1475-2875, ISBN 1293601927626
- Camprubí D; Balerdi L; Quintana LF; Almuedo-Riera A; Valls ME; García-Herrera A; Rodriguez-Valero,N;Alvarez-Martínez MJ; Muñoz J. Post-splenectomy acute glomerulonephritis due to a chronic infection withPlasmodium falciparum and malariae. Journal of Travel Medicine. 2019. DOI: 10.1093/jtm/taz029
- Katherine Yih-Jia Fu; Roxana Zamudio; Jo Henderson-Frost; Alex Almuedo; Hannah Steinberg; Steven Joseph Clipman; Gustavo Duran; Rachel Marcus; Thomas Crawford; Daniel Alyesh; Rony Colanzi; Jorge Flores; Robert Hugh Gilman; Katherine Yih-Jia Fu; Caryn Bern. Association of caspase-1 polymorphisms with Chagas cardiomyopathy among individuals in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical. 50 - 4, pp. 516 - 523. (Brasil): SCIELO, 07/2017. Disponible en Internet en: . DOI: 10.1590/0037-8682-0015-2017
ORCID ID: 0003-4643-4456
SCOPUS ID: 36597893700