Gabriela P. Peralta is an epidemiologist with extensive experience in the relationship between lifestyle behaviours and health, with a strong focus on respiratory health.
Gabriela graduated in Biomedicine from the University of Barcelona in 2014 and completed her Master of Science in Public Health (MPH) at the Pompeu Fabra University in 2016. She got her PhD degree in ISGlobal (2020) for her work on the effects of body weight and body composition on lung function throughout the life span. From September 2020 to August 2022, she worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Prevention Institute (EBPI) of the University of Zurich, Switzerland.
She is currently a postdoctoral researcher at ISGlobal, participating in the GOLIAT and P4COPD projects.
Lines of research
- Child health
- Lifestyle behaviours
- Respiratory health
- Peralta GP*, Camerini A-L*, Haile SR, Kahlert CR, Lorthe E, Marciano L, Nussbaumer A, Radtke T, Ulyte A, Puhan MA, Kriemler S. Lifestyle behaviours of children and adolescents during the first two waves of the COVID-19 pandemic in Switzerland and their relation to well-being: An observational study. Int J Public Health. 2022; 67:1604978. doi: 10.3389/ijph.2022.1604978 *First authorship is shared.
- Peralta GP, Abellan A, Montazeri P, Basterrechea M, Esplugues A, González S, Roda C, Santa Marina L, Sunyer J, Vrijheid M, Casas M, Garcia-Aymerich J. Early childhood growth is associated with lung function at 7 years: a population-based study. Eur Respir J. 2020, 56 (6): 2000157. doi: 10.1183/13993003.00157-2020
- Peralta GP, Marcon A, Carsin AE, Abramson MJ, Accordini S, Amaral AF, Antó JM, Bowatte G, Burney P, Corsico A, Demoly P, Dharmage S, Forsberg B, Fuertes E, Garcia-Larsen V, Gíslason T, Gullón JA, Heinrich J, Holm M, Jarvis DL, Janson C, Jogi R, Johannessen A, Leynaert B, Rovira JM, Nowak D, Probst-Hensch N, Raherison C, Sánchez-Ramos JL, Sigsgaard T, Siroux V, Squillacioti G, Urrutia I, Weyler J, Zock JP, Garcia-Aymerich J. Body mass index and weight change are associated with adult lung function trajectories: the prospective ECRHS study. Thorax. 2020;75(4):313-320. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2019-213880
- Peralta GP, Fuertes E, Granell R, Mahmoud O, Roda C, Serra I, Jarvis D, Henderson J, Garcia-Aymerich J. Childhood body composition trajectories and adolescent lung function: Findings from the ALSPAC study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019;200(1):75-83. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201806-1168OC
- Peralta GP, Forns J, García de la Hera M, González L, Guxens M, López-Vicente M, Sunyer J, Garcia-Aymerich J. Sleeping, TV, cognitively stimulating activities, physical activity, and Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder symptom incidence in children: A prospective study. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2018;39(3):192-199. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000000539.