Dr Irene Losada is an Internal Medicine specialist, working in the International Health Department of Hospital Clínic of Barcelona since 2017.
She has a background on research methodology and several international experiences. As a medical research fellow from ISGlobal, her primary research interest are tropical imported diseases among travellers and migrants, with special emphasis on Chagas disease. She also coordinates the Chagas Initiative in ISGlobal.
Lines of research
- Imported infectious diseases in travellers and migrants
- Chagas disease
- Losada Galván I, Madrid Pascual O, Herrero Martínez JM, Pérez-Ayala A, Lizasoain Hernández M. Does Progressive Introduction of Benznidazole Reduce the Chance of Adverse Events in the Treatment of Chagas Disease? Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 2019
- Cortes-Serra, N., Losada-Galvan, I., Pinazo, MJ., Fernandez-Becerra, C., Gascon, J., Alonso-Padilla, J. State-of-the-art in host-derived biomarkers of Chagas disease prognosis and early evaluation of anti-Trypanosoma cruzi treatment response, BBA - Molecular Basis of Disease 2020
- Laynez-Roldán, P., Fuertes, I., Almuedo, A., Losada, I., Giavedoni, P., Camprubí, D., Muñoz, J., Gállego, M., Fernández-Arévalo, A., Rodríguez-Valero, N. Sporotrichoid dissemination of cutaneous leishmaniasis possibly triggered by a diagnostic puncture. J. Travel Med. 2019
- Camprubí D, Rodriguez-Valero N, Losada I, Grau-Junyent JM, Muñoz J. Imported eosinophilic fever with myositis: A diagnostic challenge. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2018
- Valencia S, León M, Losada I, Sequera VG, Fernandez Quevedo M, García-Basteiro AL. How do we measure adherence to anti-tuberculosis treatment? Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2016