Evelise Pereira Barboza studied Environmental Management at the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil). She has a double master's degree in Public Health from the Andalusian School of Public Health (Spain) and School of High Studies in Public Health (France).
She has experience in project management on environmental planning, urban sustainability, social participation, and health promotion. In Brazil, she was Regional Manager at the “Green and Healthy Environments Program”, a municipal program encompassing socio-environmental projects focused on health promotion in Sao Paulo’s highly vulnerable areas.
She is a predoctoral researcher at ISGlobal as part of the Urban Planning, Environment, Health Initiative and the Air Pollution and Built Environment Research Group. Her research is mainly focused on urban planning and associated environmental exposures as determinants of health in cities.
Evelise works within the GoGreenRoutes project to implement Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) focused on green interventions through participatory decision-making. She also works within the European Urban Burden of Disease Project, which aims to evaluate the health burden and its determinants related to urban and transport planning practices and environmental exposures in European cities.
Líneas de investigación
- Health impact assessment
- Environmental health
- Urban planning
- Urban health
- Pereira Barboza E, Nieuwenhuijsen M, Ambròs A, Sá TH, Mueller N. The impact of urban environmental exposures on health: An assessment of the attributable mortality burden in Sao Paulo City, Brazil. Science of The Total Environment. 2022;154836.
- Nieuwenhuijsen MJ, Barrera-Gómez J, Basagaña X, Cirach M, Daher C, … Pereira Barboza E, et al. Study protocol of the European Urban Burden of Disease Project: a health impact assessment study. BMJ Open. 2022 Jan 1;12(1):e054270.
- Pereira Barboza E, Cirach M, Khomenko S, Iungman T, Mueller N, Barrera-Gómez J, et al. Green space and mortality in European cities: a health impact assessment study. Lancet Planetary Health. 2021 Oct 1;5(10):e718–30.
- Khomenko S, Cirach M, Pereira-Barboza E, Mueller N, Barrera-Gómez J, Rojas-Rueda D, et al. Premature mortality due to air pollution in European cities: a health impact assessment. Lancet Planetary Health. 2021 Jan;0(0).
- Pereira Barboza E; Ferreira GG; Moretto EM. Analysis of Municipal Housing Plan of Sao Paulo from the Perspective of Social and Environmental Vulnerability. 4th International Congress on Environmental Planning and Management – Green Cities: A Path to Sustainability, 2011, Cairo.