DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and Reproductive Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a Biostatistician and Data Manager for the management and analysis of data generated in studies of biomarkers and immune correlates of protection against malaria and COVID-19 after infection or vaccination, as well as in other studies by the Malaria Immunology group. Activities carried out in the project aim to investigate mechanisms of vaccine-induced protection against infectious diseases, and identify correlates of vaccine-induced protection. The study is carried out in collaboration with multiple international research centers (Africa, Europe, USA, Australia).
The purpose of the position is to ensure that complex datasets of samples and data collected in the immunology study are organized in a standard format and available for statistical analysis at ISGlobal and international collaboration centers, to facilitate completion of the Analytical Plans and perform Data Analysis. This position will also provide support in statistical analysis to other studies ongoing in the group under the supervision of the PIs. The position will require experience in statistics and data management. The position is based at ISGlobal in Barcelona.
Skills and experience
- Degree in biostatistics, mathematics, physics, or related topics, or on biomedical sciences with data analysis expertise
- Experience/knowledge in processing, managing and analysing complex multidimensional data and machine learning methods
- Experience in statistical analysis, preferably with R
- Experience with database management and programming software: Excel, CSV, FoxPro, SQL.
- Experience in analysis of immunological and infectious diseases data would be an asset.
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Strong organization and team-working and multi-tasking skills
- Professional attitude with attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- Interest in public health in developing countries
Main Duties and Tasks
- Design, implement, manage relational databases
- Carry out data cleaning and quality control, including contact with international partners to resolve queries
- Document and archive all data for easy use in future research
- Conduct statistical analyses of the data using specialised software for immunology studies.
- Prepare data reports and manuscripts
- English, Catalan/Spanish
- Duration: 1 year, options to extend depending on performance
- Starting date: immediately June 2022
- Contract: (part or full time) Full time
- Salary Range: Depending on degree and experience, statistician level
How to apply:
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Statistician_MalImuno_Jun22 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 9th June 2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.