- 13/11/2019 - 12/03/2023
- Mònica Guxens Junyent
- Agency Food, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety (ANSES)
The aims of this project are:
- To develop outdoor exposure maps at a high spatial resolution. This will be achieved with outdoor mobile measurements at night to measure light exposure in different spectra. For this aim, areas with differing 3D geometry, street lightning characteristics, and available ISS pictures will be selected, in this case city and surrounding areas in France (Paris), the Netherlands (Utrecht), and Spain (Barcelona).
- To assess personal and indoor night at light exposures. We will invite 50-125 persons per country, living in the selected areas of outdoor measurements, to perform personal light 10 measurements during a whole week. During the night, a second set of meters (set to higher sensitivity) will log bedroom light levels.
- To validate exposures proxies (derived exposure surface, ISS photos, self-reports) by comparing them with personal and indoor exposures, including the blue light spectrum.
- To evaluate feasibility of having participants take their own illuminance measurements using an app on their smartphone.
- To assess sleep objectively as well as subjectively to perform a proof-of-principle analysis.
We will ask participants to wear wrist-accelerometers during a whole week to measure sleep parameters including sleep duration, sleep latency (i.e. time to fall asleep), sleep efficiency, and wake time after sleep onset, and additionally ask for subjective sleep quantity and quality using validated questionnaires and daily diaries.
This will be used to evaluate whether light exposure patterns affect sleep. Subsequently we will test the impact of exposure misclassification of the different exposure assessment methods on sleep in the study participants.
Total funding: 199,990 €
ISGlobal contribution: 39,955 €
Otros proyectosVer proyectos pasados
Early Genetics Growth/Early Genetics and Lifecourse Epidemiology
Pregnancy and Childhood Epigenetics
Air Pollution, Autism spectrum disorders, and brain imaging in CHildren amongst Europe
Early-life stressors and LifeCycle health
Science and Technology in childhood Obesity Policy
Advancing Tools for Human Early Lifecourse Exposome Research and Translation
Pre- and post-natal Maternal mental health and newbOrn neurOdevelopment during the COVID-19 panDemic
A federated FAIR platform enabling large-scale analysis of high-value cohort data connecting Europe and Canada in personalized health
An integrative strategy of testing systems for identification of EDs related to metabolic disorders
Socioeconomic Status, Physical Activity, and Respiratory Health in Pregnant Women, Children, and Adolescents
Prenatal Exposure to Environmental Pollutants and Metabolic and Cardiovascular Health of the Teenagers
Actionable eUropean ROadmap for early-life health Risk Assessment of micro- and nanoplastics
Developmental origins of child liver injury: the effect of early life environmental exposures
External and Internal Human Exposure in Urban EXposome
Entorno Urbano y Salud Cardiometabólica desde el Nacimiento hasta la Adolescencia
Early-life Nutritional Programming of Metabolic Health through Epigenetic Pathways
Exposures to light pollution and heat, and neurodevelopment in adolescents
Fine Particle Matter, Fetal Growth, and Neurodevelopment: Examining Critical Windows of Susceptibility
Pre-natal exposure to urban AIR pollution and pre- and post-Natal Brain development
Traffic-Related Air Pollution and Birth Weight: the Roles of Noise, Placental Function, Green Space, Physical Activity, and Socioeconomic Status
Air Pollution and Birth Outcomes: Windows of Exposure and Health and Economic Impact Assessment
Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, Noise, and Sleep Disorders in Adolescence
Prenatal Exposure to a Family of Short Half-Life Endocrine Disruptors, Dysregulation of the Hypothalamic–Pituitary–Adrenal Axis and Potential Implication for Child Neurodevelopment at Early Age
Caractérisation des usages et de l’exposition aux radiofréquences induite par les dispositifs de communication mobiles chez les enfants
Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields, Other Environmental Factors, and Development of the Embryo and Fetus
The Impact of Maternal-Fetal Steroid Metabolome Exposure on Child GROwth and Neurological Outcomes
The role of seafood and nut consumption on human neurodevelopment from pregnancy to adolescence