Camille Lassale is a leading expert in nutritional epidemiology and cardiovascular health. She joined ISGlobal as an Assistant Research Professor in September 2022. She has a life sciences engineering degree specialized in human nutrition (AgroParisTech, Paris, 2009) and an MSc Public Health, (University Paris-Sud, 2010).
Her PhD work (University Sorbonne Paris) included both methodological aspects of web-based nutritional data collection, and the study of aetiological associations between diet quality and metabolic health. During her postdoctoral years, at the School of Public Health, Imperial College London and at University College London, her work focused on cardiovascular disease risk prediction, determinants of ageing-related morbidities, and nutritional psychiatry.
She relocated to Barcelona in 2019, at the Hospital del Mar Research Institute (IMIM, Barcelona) to work on novel cardiovascular biomarkers. In March 2021, she obtained a very competitive La Caixa Junior Leader Retaining fellowship to study the DNA methylation signature of dietary patterns and cardiometabolic health. This paved the way to start a nutritional-omics research line at ISGlobal.
Líneas de investigación
- Nutritional epidemiology
- Chrono-nutrition and circadian disruptions
- Cardiovascular health
- Nutritional psychiatry
- Lassale C, et al. Separate and combined associations of obesity and metabolic health with coronary heart disease: a pan-European case-cohort analysis. Eur Heart J. 2018 Feb 1;39(5):397-406. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehx448
- Lassale C, Batty GD, Baghdadli A, Jacka F, Sanchez-Villegas A, Kivimaki M, Akbaraly T. Healthy dietary indices and risk of depressive disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Mol Psychiatry. 2019 Jul;24(7):965-986. doi: 10.1038/s41380-018-0237-8
- Lassale C, Gaye B, Hamer M, Gale CR, Batty GD. Ethnic disparities in hospitalisation for COVID-19 in England: The role of socioeconomic factors, mental health, and inflammatory and pro-inflammatory factors in a community-based cohort study. Brain Behav Immun. 2020 Aug;88:44-49. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2020.05.074
- Hernáez Á, Soria-Florido MT, Castañer O, Pintó X, Estruch R, Salas-Salvadó J, Corella D, Alonso-Gómez Á, Martínez-González MÁ, Schröder H, Ros E, Serra-Majem L, Fiol M, Lapetra J, Gomez-Gracia E, Fitó M, Lassale C. Leisure time physical activity is associated with improved HDL functionality in high cardiovascular risk individuals: a cohort study. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2021 Oct 13;28(12):1392-1401. doi: 10.1177/2047487320925625.
- Lassale C, Fezeu L, Andreeva VA, Hercberg S, Kengne AP, Czernichow S, Kesse-Guyot E. Association between dietary scores and 13-year weight change and obesity risk in a French prospective cohort. Int J Obes (Lond). 2012 Nov;36(11):1455-62. doi: 10.1038/ijo.2011.264