Dr. Bénédicte Jacquemin has a degree in Medicine from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (2000), a Master in Environmental Sciences from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (2005) and a PhD in Life and Health Sciences from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra of Barcelona (2007). During her PhD she made stays in several European countries like Finland, Sweden and England.
She did a postdoctoral at the Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM) in France. In October 2009 she got a researcher position in the same institution. Since September 2011 she is located in the Center of Research in Environmental Epidemiology (CREAL) -now ISGlobal Campus Mar-, at the PRBB, in Barcelona. During her medical career she became interested in research and participated in several studies mainly in the field of infectious diseases. Later, during her doctorate, she worked in the assessment of exposure of air pollution and its effects on respiratory health.
She currently works in the study of the effects of air pollution on different health outcomes including respiratory health, cancer, cognition and she leads the research on this topic in the Unit 1168 (VIMA: Aging and chronic diseases. Epidemiological and public health approaches) at INSERM. She is also developing a new research area on the effects of air pollution on reproductive health and more specifically on fertility / infertility.
Lines of Research
- Reproductive Health
- Air pollution
- Respiratory health
- Jacquemin B, Siroux V, Sanchez M, Carsin AE, Schikowski T, Adam M, Bellisario V, Buschka A, Bono R, Brunekreef B, Cai Y, Cirach M, Clavel-Chapelon F, Declercq C, de MarcoR, de Nazelle A, Ducret-Stich RE, Ferretti VV, Gerbase MW, Hardy R, Heinrich J, Janson C, Jarvis, Al Kanaani Z, Keidel D, Kuh D, Le Moual N, Nieuwenhuijsen MJ, Marcon A, Modig L, Pin I, Rochat T, Schindler C, Sugiri D, Stempfelet M, Temam S, Tsai M-Y, Varraso R, Vienneau D, Vierkötter A, Hansel AL, Krämer U, Probst-Hensch N, Sunyer J, Künzli N, Kauffmann F. Ambient air pollution and adult asthma incidence in six European cohorts (ESCAPE). Envir Health Persp. 2015 Jun;123(6):613-21.
- Temam S, Burte E, Adam M, Antó JM, Basagaña X, Bousquet J, Carsin AE, Galobardes B, Keidel D, Künzli N, Le Moual N, Sanchez M, Sunyer J, Bono R, Brunekreef B, Heinrich J, de Hoogh K, Jarvis D, Marcon A, Modig L, Nadif R, Nieuwenhuijsen M, Pin I, Siroux V, Stempfelet M, Tsai MY, Probst-Hensch N, Jacquemin B. Socioeconomic position and outdoor nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure in Western Europe: A multi-city analysis. Environ Int. 2017: S0160-4120(16)30398-1.
- Basagaña X, Jacquemin B, Karanasiou A, Ostro B, Querol X, Agis D, Alessandrini E, Alguacil J, Artiñano B, Catrambone M, de la Rosa JD, Díaz J, Faustini A, Ferrari S, Forastiere F, Katsouyanni K, Linares C, Perrino C, Ranzi A, Ricciardelli I, Samoli E, Zauli-Sajani S, Sunyer J, Stafoggia M; MED-PARTICLES Study group. Short-term effects of particulate matter constituents on daily hospitalizations and mortality in five South-European cities: Results from the MED-PARTICLES project. Environ Int. 2015; 75:151-8.
- Nieuwenhuijsen MJ, Basagana X, Dadvand P, Martinez D, Cirach M, Beelen R, Jacquemin B. Air pollution and human fertility rates. Environ int 2014; 70: 9-14.
- Burte E, Leynaert B, Bono R, Brunekreef B, Bousquet J, Carsin A-E, De Hoogh K, Forsberg B, Gormand F, Heinrich J, Just J, Marcon A, Künzli N, Nieuwenhuijsen M, Pin I, Stempfelet M, Sunyer J, Villani S, Siroux V, Jarvis D, Nadif R, Jacquemin B. Association between air pollution and rhinitis incidence in two European cohort. Env Int. In press