Course designed for professionals who wish to acquire the basic knowledge for the application of the basic principles of epidemiology in the field of global health.
- 2 November - 4 December 2020
- 875 Euros + University taxes
- Full time
- 11:30 - 13:30
- 5 ECTS
This 40 hour course will provide a basic knowledge of epidemiology, presenting the main risk measures, analysing the design of observational studies and presenting examples based on real cases. Taught classes will be alternated to practical exercises based on the discussion and analysis of epidemiological studies.
- Caterina Guionvart, Research Coordinator, ISGlobal.
- Mixed Multiple-choice/Exercise
Candidates must demonstrate an interest in global health and in the application of epidemiology to analyze and solve global health problems.
Interested candidates must submit the application form.
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Introduction to analysis and data management
- Measures of disease frequency
- Effect measures
- Population impact measures
- Types of epidemiological studies: observational and intervention
- Epidemiological Surveillance Systems
- Outbreak investigation
- Validation of diagnostic tests
- Measurement error
- Control for confounding factors. Interaction
- Efficiency and effectiveness of vaccines
- Causation principles