Short-course that covers key economic concepts as applied to global health policies, interventions and evaluations
- 7-17 January 2020
- 525€ + University taxes
- Full Time
- 9:00 – 13:30h
- 7 days
- 3 ECTS
This 28-hour course covers key economic concepts as applied to global health policies, interventions and evaluations, including discussion on the health market dynamics, its failures and potential solutions.
Course accredited by the University of Barcelona.
Elisa Sicuri, Assistant Research Professor, ISGlobal
Joan Tallada, Academic Coordinator, ISGlobal
- Key concepts of health economics
- Markets of health and healthcare: description, failures, solutions
- Economic evaluation of interventions in global health: rationale, methods and tools
- Identification, assessment and critical synthesis of economic evaluations of global health interventions
- Relevance and limitations of economic evaluations for evidence-based policies
- In-class participation
- Practical exercises
- A final examination
Candidates should have demonstrated interest in global health and/or economics or policy studies.
Interested candidates must complete this form.