Professor of Public Health at the University Miguel Hernández.
He is former Director General of Public Health at the Ministry of Health and Social Policy where he directed the preparation of the General Law of Public Health as well as the Law on tobacco prevention. He was also member of the Standing Committee of the Regional Committee for Europe (WHO).
He has been President of the Sociedad Española de Epidemiología [Spanish Society of Epidemiology] (SEE) and is now Deputy President of the Spanish Society of Public Health and Health Administration.
He has authored more than 160 papers in peer-reviewed journals and has done several contributions to books on public health.
Líneas de investigación
- Social Determinants of Health
- Policies and ethics of public health
- Epidemiologic methodology in health services
- Parker LA, Gómez Saez N, Lumbreras B, Porta M, Hernández-Aguado I. Methodological deficits in diagnostic research using '-omics' technologies: evaluation of the QUADOMICS tool and quality of recently published studies. PLoS One 2010;5:e11419.
- Technical Committee for the priority of the Spanish Presidency on Monitoring Social Determinants of Health and the Reduction of Health Inequalities. Reducing health inequalities and monitoring social determinants of health in the European Union: a priority of the Spanish Presidency of the European Union 2010. Euro Surveill. 2010;15:5-6.
- Parker LA, Lumbreras B, Hernández-Aguado I. Health information and advocacy for "Health in All Policies": a research agenda. J Epidemiol Community Health 2010;64:114-6.
- Lumbreras B, Parker LA, Porta M, Pollán M, Ioannidis JPA, Hernández-Aguado I. Overinterpretation of clinical applicability in molecular diagnostic research. Clin Chem 2009;55:786-94.
- Hernández Aguado I. Independencia y transparencia en salud pública. En: Retos en Salud Pública. Madrid: Fundación Salud 2000, 2011: 181-93.