The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Environmental science.
- Medical sciences.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Higher education in biostatistics or related topics
- Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics
- Experience in processing and managing of complex data, large datasets, and big data
- Previous experience in epidemiological, medical or laboratory sciences an advantage
- Programming skills with main data management and statistical tools, preferably in R or STATA.
- Transfer and manage data from the BISC cohort
- Carry out cleaning, quality control, and documentation of databases used
- Conduct appropriate statistical analyses of complex large datasets
- Provide input on the interpretation of the results
- Prepare tables for use in publications and reports
- Provide input on development of methods sections of publications and reports
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- English proficiency.
- Duration: 24 months
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Contract: full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Statistician_AirNB-Ciber_May21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until June 15th 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.