The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Define, maintain and execute the Data Management Plan (DMP) and Data Validation Plan (DVP) for each research project according to the study protocols, the context of each of the implementing partners and specific regulations and/or good practices.
- Design and maintain electronic data collection instruments according to the study Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Case Report Forms (CRF).
- Setup or support the data Quality Assurance and Control (QA/QC) mechanisms (data quality rules) to validate incoming data according to the DVP.
- Write specific data management SOP based on the electronic Case Report Form (eCRF) and the data QA/QC tools in place.
- Code scripts to produce routine progress and data quality reports to inform the team on the status of the data collection activities and address data quality issues.
- Train implementing partners on the eCRF and data QA/QC tools according to the defined data management SOP.
- Support implementing partners on electronic data collection tools during data collection activities.
- Supervise data collection progress and quality and work closely with counterparts (projects teams based in Sierra Leone, Mozambique and Togo) to address and resolve data quality issues.
- Prepare data reports about specific queries coming from the team or external bodies as the Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB), Pharmacy Board, etc.
- Administer the Clinical Data Management Systems (CDMS) in place (REDCap, OpenClinica and ODK).
- Administer (with support from the Biostatistics and Data Management Unit) the data architecture and servers where the CDMS are hosted.
- Manage the subscription with data management vendors (Amazon Web Services and Google Workspace) and work with the team Project Manager and ISGlobal Purchasing Department on the budget and financial justification.
- Provide support to the Epidemiological team with writing project documents.
- Work with the Biostatistics and Data Management Unit on the studies data curation and archival.
- Degree / master in bioinformatics or similar background
- Interest in development, medical research, global health
- Experience 2-4 years preferred but open to junior candidates
- Spanish / English proficiency
- Ability to be a team player
- Availability to travel to project sites
- Full time position based in Barcelona
- Training & Career development opportunities
- Negotiable salary
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: DM_MaternalChild-ReproductiveHealth_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
IMPORTANT: it is necessary to have an active work permit for a prompt incorporation.
The receipt of applications will be open until November, 30th 2022
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.