The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a statistician to join our dynamic team. The statistician will be involved in exciting projects related to physical activity/mobility, environmental exposures and health throughout the life span, with a strong focus on respiratory health. The statistician will work with large datasets from multiple sources: clinical data with repeated measurements, environmental exposure data (e.g., residential air pollution, chemicals), data from activity monitors including “high-resolution” time series data, among other data sources. A key role will be acting as leading statistician in: (i) the MOBILISE-D project, a 5-y private-public consortium funded by EC-IMI and aiming to measure and validate digital mobility outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and hip fracture; and (ii) the project entitled: “An integrative strategy of testing systems for identification of EDs related to metabolic disorders (OBERON)”.
The role requires close collaboration with international project partners from a range of disciplines as well as researchers at ISGlobal. The successful applicant will be supervised by Non-Communicable Diseases and Environment Programme Head Dr Judith Garcia-Aymerich, Research Professor, and Childhood and Environment Programme principal investigator Dr Maribel Casas, Assistant Research Professor.
- Computer science
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Higher education in Biostatistics or similar.
- Knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics, including advanced statistical methods.
- Programming using the main statistical tools and software in R and Stata.
- Experience with mixed models for repeated measures data, use of quantitative methods, mediation analysis, hypothesis free methods and interpretation of longitudinal data derived from large cohort studies.
- Experience in Data-management
- Experience in paper writing for publications in journals and conference papers is desirable.
- Perform data cleaning and management
- Perform statistical analysis of environmental, cross-sectional, longitudinal and experimental (RCT) data, in particular longitudinal cohort data.
- Provide statistical support to the researchers of the team.
Additional responsibilities include the following
- Contribute to scientific publications, reports, and grant applications.
- Participate to protocol writing and statistical analysis plan elaboration.
- Proficient use of statistical software R and STATA
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
Good level of the English (written and spoken).
- Duration: until 31/12/2023 ( renewable)
- Starting date: 03/10/2022
- Contract: (part or full time) FULL TIME
- Salary Range: 36.321€ GROSS SALARY (Technician I B)