Oferta de trabajo: Research Technician “Protegim les escoles”
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a Research Technician who is interested in supporting activities in several projects under the Urban Planning, Environment and Health-UPEH Initiative. The overall objective is to translate evidence into practice to generate impact in society and policy and contribute to healthy, sustainable and just cities.
The UPEH currently has multiple research projects, that examine how to improve health through interventions in schools around Barcelona and through development of tools, and translation of scientific evidence for diverse audiences. The Research Technician will support these projects through diverse activities, working closely with the project leader and the UPEH initiative coordinator.
The technician will participate mainly in tasks related to the project PROTEGIM LES ESCOLES, which is being conducted with the Ajuntament of Barcelona to evaluate the impacts on air pollution, use and perception of public space as the result of structural interventions around the streets of primary schools in Barcelona. ISGlobal is conducting the monitoring and evaluation on implemented interventions, including data collection and analysis.
- Urban Health
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in environmental, biological sciences is preferred
- Master studies in Public Health, Urban Planning and Health and related areas is desirable.
- Experience (at least 1 year) in developing fieldwork, fieldwork coordination support, data collection and descriptive analysis
- Experience with questionnaires administration
- Experience with systematic observation tools, participatory process and qualitative methods will be an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel to research sites (in Barcelona)
- Good level Spanish, Catalan and English are required
- Quantitative data management and analysis skills are highly valued
- Experience or familiarity with qualitative data transcription and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Support all aspects of the school environment research projects within the Urban Planning, Environment and Health Initiative
- Work with the project coordinator to ensure timely accomplishment of project´s objectives and deliverables
- Participate in data collection an fieldwork including environmental instruments installation, data collection, management and analysis for the projects in schools in Barcelona
- Work with project coordinator to do purchasing and follow up of project supplies
- Management and maintenance of measurement instruments and related fieldwork material
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks independently
- Organizational skilll
- Duration: 6 months
- Starting date: April 2023
- Contract: full-time
- Salary Range: Tech
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Technician_PROTEGIM_Mar23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until March 31rst 2023
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are welcome that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.