DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. ISGlobal provides a hub of excellence dedicated to scientific research and the provision of health care. The institute, which originated in a joint initiative of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and the University of Barcelona, has amassed over 30 years of experience in the field of global health. The pivotal mechanism of its work model is the transfer of knowledge generated by scientific research to practice, a task undertaken by the Research, Training and Policy and Global Development departments. Its ultimate goal is to help close the gaps in health disparities between and within different regions of the world.
What We Are Looking for
- Collaborate with technical coordinators and project directors to ensure timely and quality implementation of the projects, achievement of the established objectives, meeting of milestones and deliverables production
- Oversee the budget including identification of gaps and accurate and appropriate allocation and reporting
- Coordinate communication with project partners, donors and external collaborators
- Develop progress reports, work plans and other documents as required
- Preparation of supporting documents for different meetings and research conferences
- Other project management responsibilities as required
Under the guidance of the Project coordinators (PC) the candidates will be expected to:
1. Program Implementation and Monitoring
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented according to project objectives and timelines (project GANTT chart)
- Work with PC to ensure definition of objectives and the setting of priorities
- Responsible for setting agenda (with PC) for team meetings, ensuring follow-up of key actions, and writing reports.
- Delegate specific tasks as appropriate
- Monitor the project progress and ensure timely decision making
2. Coordination and Representation
- Ensure timely reporting internally and to donors
- Serve as the focal point for internal and external communication
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of information needed to carry out the project to donors and external counterparts
- Ensure implementation and follow-up of agreed plans and actions
- Monitor contractual agreements
- Recruitment, training and supervision of new staff (as applicable)
- Organize and maintain copies of all appropriate project documentation
- Organize, participate and write minutes of meetings and teleconference
- Oversee budget management and procurement for the whole project
- Manage the budget and monitor monthly expenses of the local counterparts
- Assist in the monitoring of contracts and budgets
- Follow-up of the sub-agreements with local counterparts in terms of financial and contractual matters
- Identify critical issues, needs and problems in resources / budget
- Assure appropriate and timely allocation of resources necessary to achieve objectives -
- Prepare contingency plans/decision trees and reports
- Prepare financial reports from the local counterparts (quarterly, annually and monthly if necessary) along with the Desk Manager
- Promote corrective actions if there are deviations from the budget and the terms of the financing along with the Desk Manager
- Monitor payments to local counterparts and local staff
- Support the Desk Manager in the preparation of the quarterly financial reports for the sponsor by rendering the reports of the local counterparts
- Support the Desk Manager in the audit certification process
- Coordinate and monitor the procurement of supplies and equipment, providers, travel, expenses reimbursement and meeting organization with the support of the Project Assistant
- University degree preferable in Health Sciences, Development, Public Health Management or similar
- At least 3 years of project management experience in international projects (health,research, development projects or related field
- Experience working in international environments and/or with low-middle income countries stakeholders
- Excellent management, project planning, and organizational skills
- A very good command (advanced level) of the English language and Spanish
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook software or equivalent
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing large projects, consortia, large teams
- Experience managing European-funded projects
- Knowledge of global health research
- A genuine interest in biomedical research of infectious diseases, capacity building and global development
- Full-time position, office-based in Barcelona
- Fixed-term contract for 24 months* starting in January 2023
- Salary according to the candidate profile and project budget
*Potential contract extension subject to projects’ extension
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PM_MaternalChildReproductiveHealth_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 31st January 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
IMPORTANT: it is necessary to have an active work permit for a prompt incorporation.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.