DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- At least 3 years experience of project management and in scientific laboratory coordination activities in health or related field
- At minimum, MSc degree in biomedical sciences or related field. PhD degree will be a plus
- Excellent management, project planning and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint or equivalent
- Hands on proficient experience in laboratory SOPs and senior supervision of laboratory personnel
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently
- Support the Principal Investigator (PI) and research team to ensure definition of objectives, setting of priorities, timely and quality implementation of the study protocol activities and achievement of the established aims
- Coordinate communications with research partners (clinicians, scientists, data managers etc), funder, Ethics Committees, external scientific collaborators and expert advisors
- Follow up and coordinate submission of study protocols and amendments to Ethics Committees, as well as annual reviews
- Manage legal contracts, Material and Data Transfer Agreements (MTA and DTA) and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between ISGlobal, funders and collaborators, in conjunction with the Grants Managers
- Assist the PI for setting agenda of team meetings and teleconferences, writing minutes and ensuring follow-up of key action items
- Assist the PI and grants manager to prepare periodic financial and technical reports to the funder
- Monitor and sustain motivation, conflict management, collaboration and communication among project partners
- Monitor the project progress, ensure timely decision-making, identify gaps and deviations and preparation of contingency plans
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of information needed to carry out the project to partners and external counterparts
- Ensure that the work is conducted according to good clinical and laboratory practices
- Oversee implementation and compliance with study Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and periodical quality control/quality assurance (QA/QC) of Luminex equipments (regular maintenance, calibration, validation, repairs)
- Supervise the logistics of the sample collection, labelling, shipment and storage with the biobanks and sample custodians
- Oversee the documentation and records of sample collection, storage, shipment, usage and destruction, with the data manager
- Manage the logistics of the procurement and shipment of laboratory materials for the Luminex assays with the Lab Manager
- Assistance in the preparation of data reports and scientific manuscripts
- English/ Catalan /Spanish.
- Duration: At least 1 year
- Starting date: 01/01/2021
- Contract: full time
- Salary Range: Compensation for this position will be based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PM_ ANTICOV_Dec20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until a candidate is selected.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.