DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
- Conducting analysis and drafting original articles for publication in high quality journals
- Disseminating findings at conferences, workshops, and through the study website
- Collaboration with the study teams and external specialists
- Supervision of master students
- Master degree in epidemiology, public health, or related discipline
- Previous experience in the research topic is an advantage
- Experience in processing and managing of complex and large datasets, as well as in statistical packages, preferably STATA and R
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Professional attitude with attention to details
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- English written and spoken.
- Duration:until June 2023
- Starting date: 1st of July 2022
- Contract: (part or full time)Full time
- Salary Range: 21.365€ ( Gross Salary)
How to apply
The receipt of applications will be open until June 30th 2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.