DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Biology, Biotechnology or Environmental sciences.
- Trained and experienced as laboratory technician.
- Previous experience in carrying DNA extraction is required.
- Experience in working
- Perform sample processing and DNA extraction and quantification.
- Storage of samples and management of samples repository.
- Control of stocks and procurement of supplies.
- Perform lab maintenance duties.
- Support the research team in the daily functioning of the lab.
- Support and carry out any other tasks as required.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Outstanding organizational and team-working skills (yet capable of working independently).
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Eager to learn, proactive and with great initiative.
- Demonstrable adaptability and flexibility to adapt positively to changes.
- Excellent user computer skills: MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Catalan required.
- Knowledge of English would be an asset.
- Duration: 3 months
- Starting date: 15/06/2022
- Contract: full time
- Salary Range: according to internal scales (Technician II)
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: LabTechnician_AIRLAB_May22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 14/06/2022.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are welcome, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.