DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
Overview of the Legal Unit
decision making and advicing on fast evolving laws and regulations and its implications on ISGlobal's daily practice. It also plays a critical role in reviewing and drafting contracts and internal policies.
The legal function is currently structured around two positions: A General Counsel and Contract Management.
Key Responsibilities and specific Duties
- Drafting research and non-research-related agreements. The research agreements include but are not limited to: Consortium Agreements, Grants Agreements Subgrant Agreements, Subcontract Agreements, Collaborative Research Agreements, Non-disclosure and Confidentiality agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Material & Data Transfer Agreements and Amendments. The non-research related agreements include but are not limited to: Services Agreements, Leasing Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Framework Agreements, Institutional agreements.
- Give legal support in negotiations processes and liaise with the implicated/affected people such as Principal Investigators, Grant Managers, Project Managers, Data Protection Officer.
- Legal assessment and risk identification in the abovementioned agreements to the respective unit for the execution of their responsibilities.
- Give legal support to ISGlobal officials on negotiations with funding bodies and collaborators to achieve the best possible contractual terms including with respect to limitation of liability, publication rights, intellectual property, budget, data treatment principles and other key research contract related issues.
- Contributing to development and maintenance of operational procedures and policies, including the preparation of new template agreements and maintaining the database of templates.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Law studies.
- Minimum of 2 years of contractual management, preferably in a large organisation.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating research-related and non-research related contracts, as previously described.
- Experience in European and international private R+D contracts, a plus.
- Experience of a customer service environment and partnership cooperation
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- Contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of contract and legal terminology and concepts.
- Understanding of R+D terminology and concepts, a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent proofreading ability and very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction, but comfortable with working in a collaborative environment under short deadlines and varied workload.
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of software contract management systems or abilities for them.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in English a must.
- Duration: Permanent
- Starting date: Immediate/ as soon as possible
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: between 30.000 – 32.000
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: ContractsManager_Legal_Jan23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 2nd February 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.