Joe Brew is a data scientist with a focus on the economics of malaria in Sub-Saharan Africa.
He earned his BA at Sewanee: The University of the South (2008), his MA at the Institut Catholique de Paris (2009) and his MPH at the Kobenhavns Universitet (2013).
He is currently carrying out his PhD through the Transdisciplinary Global Health programme.
Lines of Research
- Tran C, Brew J, Johnson N, Ryan K, Martin B, Cornett C, Caron B, Duncan R, Small P, Myers P, Morris J. Sustainability of School-located Influenza Vaccination Programs in Florida. Vaccine DOI: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.04.017 (2016)
- Lednicky J, Iovine N, Brew J, Loeb J, Sugimoto J, Rand K, Morris J. Hemagglutinin Gene Clade 3C.2a Influenza A(H3N2) Viruses, Alachua County, Florida, USA, 2014–15. Emerging Infectious Diseases DOI: 10.3201/eid2201.151019 (2016)
- Potash E, Brew J, Loewi A, Majumdar S, Reece A, Walsh J, Rozier E, Jorgenson E, Mansour R, Ghani R. Predictive Modeling for Public Health: Preventing Childhood Lead Poisoning. ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining DOI: 10.1145/2783258.2788629 (2015)
- Iovine M, Morris JG, Fedenburg K, Rand K, Alnuaimat H, Lipori G, Brew J, Lednicky JA. Increased severity of H1N1 influenza in the 2013-14 season and emergence of the D225G variant. Emerging Infectious Diseases DOI: 10.3201/eid2104.141375 (2015)
- Brew J. (Mis)measurement in the study of food environment: we need better methods to solve the puzzle. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health DOI:10.1136/jech-2014-205163 (2015)
- Tran CH, Sugimoto JD, Pulliam JR, Ryan KA, Myers PD, Castleman JB, Doty R, Johnson J, Stringfellow J, Kovacevich N, Brew J, Cheung LL, Caron B, Lipori G, Harle CA, Alexander C, Yang Y, Longini IM Jr, Halloran ME, Morris JG, Small PA Jr. School-Located Influenza Vaccination Reduces Community Risk for Influenza and Influenza-Like Illness Emergency Care Visits. PLOS ONE DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0114479 (2014)