Mª Jesus Pinazo Delgado
Assistant Research Professor
María Jesús Pinazo is a graduated in Medicine and Surgery, specialist in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. She obtained her PhD in Internal Medicine at the University of Barcelona in 2016. Since 2007, she has been medical doctor at the International Health Service of the Hospital Clínic in Barcelona being currently senior specialist, and Assistant Research Professor at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal). Her main line of work and research within the tropical and imported diseases research line is on Chagas' disease, from basic to public health research. From 2007 to 2017 she has been a professor of the Masters in International Health at the University of Barcelona and in the postgraduate diploma in Immigration, Interculturality and Health at the Autonomous University of Barcelona. In 2010 she co-coordinated the protocol for screening and diagnosis of Chagas' disease in pregnant Latin American women and their babies (Departament de Salut, Generalitat de Catalunya). Since November 2010 she is the technical coordinator of the Comprehensive Care Platform for Chagas' disease patients in Bolivia. In December 2010 she also began to work as an internal monitor of the e1224 clinical trial. Since March 2011 he has been a member of the international network "New Tools for the Diagnosis and Evaluation of the Patient with Chagas Disease (NHEPACHA)". She also serves as a reviewer of scientific articles in various national and international journals.
Since April 2017 she is the scientific coordinator of the InSPIRES project, funded by the H2020 program and whose main objective is to bring science closer to society through the co-creation of research questions that respond directly to social challenges. InSPIRES integrates the RRI, the "open-science and open data" in its scientific approach in order to open the scientific process more strategically to civil society and other key stakeholders.
Lines of Research
- Chagas disease
- Imported infectious diseases
- Pinazo MJ, Muñoz, J, Posada E, Lopez-Chejade PL, Gallego M, Ayala E, del Cacho E, Soy D, Gascon J. Tolerance of benznidazole in the treatment of Chagas Disease in Adults. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010 Nov;54(11):4896-9. Epub 2010 Sep 7.
- Pinazo MJ, Espinosa G, Gállego M, López-Chejade PL, Urbina JA, Gascon J. Successful Treatment with Posaconazole of a patient with Chronic Chagas Disease and Systemic Lupus Erithematous. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010 Apr;82(4):583-7.
- Pinazo MJ, Tassies D, Muñoz J, Posada EJ, Fisa R, Monteagudo J, Ayala E, Gállego M, Reverter JC, Gascón J. Hypercoagulability biomarkers in Trypanosoma cruzi¬– infected patients. Thromb Haemost. 2011 Oct;106(4):617-23.
- Pinazo MJ, Guerrero L, Posada E, Rodríguez E, Soy D, Gascon J. Benznidazole-Related Adverse Drug Reactions and Their Relationship With Serum Drug Concentrations in Patients With Chronic Chagas Disease. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2013 Jan; 57(1):390-5. doi: 10.1128/AAC.01401-12. Epub 2012 Oct 31.
- Pinazo MJ, Espinosa G, Cortes-Lletget C, Posada Ede J, Aldasoro E, Oliveira I, Muñoz J, Gállego M, Gascon J. Immunosuppression and chagas disease: a management challenge. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013 Jan;7(1):e1965. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0001965. Epub 2013 Jan 17.