Assistant Research Professor
Her primary research interest is examining potential environmental and occupational determinants of cancer and chronic disease in epidemiological studies focussed on ambient air pollution exposures; ionizing and non-ionizing radiation (radon, uranium, extremely low frequency magnetic fields); chemical exposures; and circadian disruption to inform policy making. She is currently Vice-Chair of the COST Action CA16216 OMEGA-NET (Network on the Coordination and Harmonisation of European Occupational Cohorts).
Lines of Research
- Air pollution
- Turner MC, Benke G, Bowman JD, Figuerola J, Fleming S, Hours M, Kincl L, Krewski D, McLean D, Parent ME, Richardson L, Sadetzki S, Schlaefer K, Schlehofer B, Schuz J, Siemiatycki J, van Tongeren M, Cardis E. 2014. Occupational exposure to extremely low frequency magnetic fields and brain tumor risks in the INTEROCC study. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, 23:1863-1872.
- Turner MC, Sadetzki S, Langer CE, Villegas R, Figuerola J, Armstrong BK, Chetrit A, Giles GG, Krewski D, Hours M, McBride ML, Parent MÉ, Richardson L, Siemiatycki J, Woodward A, Cardis E. 2016. Investigation of bias related to differences between case and control interview dates in five INTERPHONE countries. Annals of Epidemiology, 26:827-832.
- Turner MC, Jerrett M, Pope CA III, Krewski D, Gapstur SM, Diver WR, Beckerman BS, Marshall JD, Su J, Crouse DL, Burnett RT. 2016. Long-term ozone exposure and mortality in a large prospective study. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 193:1134-1142.
- Turner MC, Nieuwenhuijsen M, Anderson K, Balshaw D, Cui Y, Dunton G, Hoppin JA, Koutrakis P, Jerrett M. 2017. Assessing the exposome with external measures: commentary on the state of the science and research recommendations. Annual Review in Public Health, in press.
- Turner MC, Krewski D, Diver WR, Pope III CA, Burnett RT, Jerrett M, Marshall JD, Gapstur SM. 2017. Ambient air pollution and cancer mortality in the Cancer Prevention Study-II. Environmental Health Perspectives, in press.