Adelaida Sarukhan Casamitjana
PhD in Immunology, University of Paris VI, France. CR1 scientist at INSERM since 2000. Solid experience developing and leading research projects on immune regulation.
Master in Scientific, Medical and Environmental Communication, idEC, Pompeu Fabra University. Currently working as scientific writer at ISGlobal.
Lines of Research
- Regulatory T cells
- Myeloid Derived Suppressor Cells
- Wang CM, Ploia C, Anselmi F, Sarukhan A, Viola A. 2014. Adenosine triphosphate acts as a paracrine signaling molecule to reduce the motility of T cells. EMBO J. 33(12):1354-64. doi: 10.15252/embj.201386666. PMID: 24843045.
- Van Overmeire E, Laoui D, Keirsse J, Van Ginderachter JA, Sarukhan A. 2014. Mechanisms driving macrophage diversity and specialization in distinct tumor microenvironments and parallelisms with other tissues. Front Immunol. 2014. 5:127. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2014.00127. Review. PMID:24723924.
- Morlacchi S, Soldani C, Viola A, Sarukhan A. 2011. Self-antigen presentation by mouse B cells results in regulatory T-cell induction rather than anergy or clonal deletion. Blood. 118(4):984-91. doi: 10.1182/blood-2011-02-336115.PMID: 21652680.
- Morlacchi S, Dal Secco V, Soldani C, Glaichenhaus N, Viola A, Sarukhan A. 2011. Regulatory T cells target chemokine secretion by dendritic cells independently of their capacity to regulate T cell proliferation. J Immunol. 15;186(12):6807-14. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1003265. PMID: 21572026.
- Apostolou I, Sarukhan A, Klein L, von Boehmer H. 2002. Origin of regulatory T cells with known specificity for antigen. Nat Immunol. 3(8):756-63. PMID: 12089509.