ISGlobal is looking for a Research Assistant, based at CISM, working in MALTEM (Mozambican Alliance Towards the Elimination of Malaria) Research Team. MALTEM is a project funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and “la Caixa Foundation” whose aim is to eliminate malaria in the southern of Mozambique through the creation of an alliance of national and international partners and donors to coordinate efforts and resources.
Main duties and Responsabilities:
- Support in all operational research activities for the Malaria Elimination Project in the South of Maziambique.
- Provide assistance to the Research Coordinator based in Mozambique
- Perform priority research and analysis
- Support in the dissemination of research results, and its translation into the elimination strategies.
- Contribute to the writing of manuscripts and the gathering of relevant information
- Implementation of research studies on the field.
- Provide support to the elaboration of progress reports, workplans and other documents if required by the Research Coordinator
- Preparation of powerpoint presentations for different meetings and research conferences
- Work and communicate with the overall Malaria elimination team at CISM and ISGlobal.
- Assist in the supervision of undergraduate students working under MALTEM Project
Secondary tasks and other provisions:
The position holder will also be able to obtain a PhD.
The selected candidate must be able to, travel between Barcelona and Manhiça as required, and travel to scientific conferences.
- Support organization goals.
- Self-capacity to improve and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of identifying and taking advantage of opportunities , attention to detail.
- Team working.
- Ability to communicate and share information with the team.
Education and experience:
- Masters in Epidemiology
- Experience on epidemiological research on the field
- Experience managing and analysing large data sets of clinical, laboratory, field and geographical data.
- English, Spanish , Portuguess is an asset
- Knowledge of stata or R
How to apply:
Candidates must send a CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject heading ResearchAssistant_MALTEM
Closing date for the receipt of applications is March the 31st.
Applications will be accepted until 17h00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
"In accordance with articles 5 and 6 of Law 15/1999 on personal data protection, we inform you that your personal data will be incorporated into a Human Resources file, for which the Private Foundation Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is responsible. If you do not inform us otherwise, ISGlobal will understand that you have consented to the processing of your data. Your information will not be disclosed to individuals or legal public or private entities without your consent unless authorized by law. You can exercise your rights to access, rectify, cancel and oppose the use of your personal information by contacting ISGlobal by post at C/Rosselló, 132, 5è 2a and 7è, 08036 - Barcelona or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com